Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by xuggs View Post
The path seems to be dead.
_http://www.freemoe.org/users/qwerty12/fmtx_status_menu_item.so
See attached ZIP:

Contents:

- qwerty12's modification as of 6.12.2010 = [ file fmtx_status_menu_item.so ]

- A copy of my original .so = [ fmtx_status_menu_item.so.OEM ]
This is only provided as a fall back. Please make a copy of your own as mine might not be virgin.

Place qwerty12's [.so] in [ /usr/lib/hildon-desktop ], being sure to backup the previous one.

Note: The files in this ZIP are provided as a courtesy by me (YoDude) in support of qwerty12's efforts. They will be removed by me if qwerty12 should request them to be.

Enjoy and Rock on Dudes!

(insert Bill and Ted air guitar icon)
Attached Files
File Type: zip fmtx_status_menu_item.zip (10.4 KB, 138 views)

SLN member # 009

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Thanks YoDude!

Just so that I am on the same page, this status menu (by qwerty) will basically force the FM Transmitter on the status menu. That's great but does this still require me to use the FM Boost script everytime I turn on the FM Transmitter or this modified status-menu applet does that for me?

I am just curious if the status-menu checks if the FM boost has already run and does it turn off the boost when I turn off the FM transmiiter?

Thank you again guys!

If you have FM boost installed then this applet will automatically activate it for you too. It will check if FM boost has already been run.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Firstly, http://www.freemoe.org is back up.

I think there is likely confusion about versions, reading through the thread. As I see it (based on dates of posts etc), only the one in
Code:
http://www.freemoe.org/users/qwerty12/boost_variant/
will correctly evaluate if FM Boost is running. YoDude posted an earlier version.

Perhaps I am wrong?

HA

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Firstly, http://www.freemoe.org is back up.

I think there is likely confusion about versions, reading through the thread. As I see it (based on dates of posts etc), only the one in
Code:
http://www.freemoe.org/users/qwerty12/boost_variant/
will correctly evaluate if FM Boost is running. YoDude posted an earlier version.

Perhaps I am wrong?

HA
I'm thinkin' your wrong but I could be mistaken.

I believe I posted that same version.

Regardless, all posted variants do the same thing. I don't think there is confusion if one follows the thread which I will now sum up as of today:

qwerty12's
Code:
.so
is a status menu app that replaces your OEM app so that FMTX remains resident in the status menu after FMTX has been turned off...

It removes the extra steps that were needed to activate FMTX cold.
You no longer will have to go to settings first to fire it up.

I then asked qwerty12 if FM Boost could alo be applied when his FMTX was activated from his widget/applet/(whatever you wish to call these dang things) variant.

And even though I'm sure qwerty12 had better things to do, he graciously coded a version that did exactly that, provided that you already have FM Boost installed on your system.

At that point 2 steps were now eliminated when you used qwerty12's FMTX variant. The original step that required you to first go to settings, and now the additional step some had to take in order to dial up their FMTX power level. Savvy?

Now being the PITA that I usually am, I remarked that this new version tossed up the Hildon notification banner every time a new song is played with Media Player. Even from cued songs in a playlist on the already ruining Media Player.

Rather than telling me to: "Suck it up, monkey boy. I got better things to do", again qwerty12 graciously provided a solution.

This is the version that you pointed to and the one I believe I posted when his server was down.

Now to sum up my sum up:

- If the FMTX status menu app does not appear in your status menu after a reboot... You don't have any version of qwerty12's
HTML Code:
.so
variant installed.

- If FMTX does appear in the status menu but does not increase your TX power when it is used or if TX power reduces when the charger is plugged in, then you could be using qwerty12's first version that was kept on qoles server.
However, the more likely scenario is that you do not have FM Boost installed and you need this to be, in order to take advantage of this feature.

- If after every song you see the FMTX notification banner after you have qwerty12's variant installed, you have the first variant version and should now replace it with the latest variant version that has recently been made available again. The one that you pointed to in your post.

Now to further confuse anyone that is not used to seeing a working thread around here and may just fly by to read the last post....

Using qwerty12's variant in any version has allowed me to easily see that (on my device at least) TX power level is reduced not only when the charger is plugged in, but when other Hildon events occur as well.

Automatic email downloads and their notifications, and invoking HAM are just two events I have discovered so far.

Hopefully this thread will continue working until the code that is responsible for this common behavior is discovered and corrected.

SLN member # 009

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
YoDude you are quite right and gracious about it too! I normally use dd/mm/yy and so your "- qwerty12's modification as of 6.12.2010 = [ file fmtx_status_menu_item.so ]" got parsed in my small brain as dating to the 6th and thus before qwerty12's last magic.

So having wasted folks time let me post on everyone's behalf a large THANK YOU to qwerty12 for the status menu library.

HA

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 319 | Thanked: 221 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Thx for this mod.

I think there is an issue with the FM Boost.
Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
If I reboot the device then it usually works but after a while there is no message that the level has been set to 118. And when I check the level through X-terminal the level is 112.

Is there something that could be done to correct the issue?

I actually kinda noticed that myself after a few times that it worked quite well. It seems that "sometimes" the FM Boost does not kick in when the FMTX is enabled.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I forgot to unlock the mutex if the power level is already 118. Will fix tomorrow.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 319 | Thanked: 221 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Cheers mate, really appreciate it.
Nice to see that you already figured out where the problem is.