Notices

Originally Posted by alexreed88 View Post
every time i start it it crashes. it didnt do this the first time i installed because the sygic repo was working, but now its gone and the app cant update. what to do?
Delete the file settings.dat using file manager, Nokia N900/Drive/Maemo
Then it should work again!

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ down south
as mentioned earlier- when you input postcode to search- you get no option to give house number?

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by VeR View Post
there was "update"(it weights 2.11MB) in repository that should free space on phone by 100 MB and make Sygic have less MB. I Downloaded it, installed - now sygic weigh 4,5 MB and it won't start. Now repository is offline, i cant refresh it

anyone know what to do ?
any chance you'd still have the update in your /var/cache/apt/archives/ for others to try?

Originally Posted by slewis1972 View Post
Anyone know how to get POI on it?
use POIplaza.com, lots of POIs for all systems, with instructions

The Following User Says Thank You to matar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Poland !
Originally Posted by R-R View Post
any chance you'd still have the update in your /var/cache/apt/archives/ for others to try?
nope it's not there

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
i finally got it to dl the zip, unzipped it and installed it to my root file on the 32gb in my n900.

went to the deb file, installed it, then rebooted it, then the icon showed up.

the product launches fast and seems fine, except that the maps are not populating. says i need to choose a map. when i click on the US map that is listed, it still does not popuplate, so i cna only change the settings.

i tried adding the repo that was listed on this thread, but nothing there to dl.

figuring that i had to enter my code to get the maps to show, i entered it....agin and again...but it is no good.

i sent yet more email to sygic, without response, (i did get one today, but they really should be more on top of things) with screen shots of my errors.

i feel a return coming on.

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Did you choose automatic authentification? The manual one did not work for me.
Also check that all the data files are stored in their own folder in MyDocs and not just bundled into a main Sygic folder together.

no. manual.

i will uninstall and then reinstall now to see if it will work.

as for the files...i just copies ALL the files after they were unzipped to my root as the directions stated.

hmm...i just realized that i did in fact try the auto one.

but now, i just uninstalled/reinstalled and the code was taken.

now i will try the maps.

my gps seems to be lagging...but my ovi maps took the gps right away.

ill keep working at it.

it shouldnt be this difficult

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
Hmm automatic did not work for me... Use the manual, get the product code, go to the website and get the key from there after you enter in your proof of purchase!

Was a bit frustrating for me at first until I realised this and after following these steps I had no problems at all registering the product..