Notices

Very nice work on this application, this is really usefull.

Is it normal that the first time we use this application it indicates -40°C in the temperature tab?
I tried to run multiple apps, use the refresh button or overclock it a little bit and the temperature wasn't changing. I had to reboot the device to have the real temperature.
Thanks in advance

I've tried to install it but I need the dependencies libqt4-core (>= 4.6.2~git20100310 and libqt4-gui (>= 4.6.2~git20100310) and I haven't been able to install none so far. I've googled the problem and browsed the forum to find a fix but nothing worked so far. Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
CPU temp in CPUFREQUI program is messed up after the PR update as well!.....it shows -40 now
Quoted from Post #7 of the "Major question after PR 1.2" thread.

I have this same result. I am on PR1.2 using v37 enhanced Linux kernel. It would be good to have this re-enabled. I like to know when to back off.

edit- I filed a bug report on this issue. Before doing that I manually downloaded and installed version 0.0.1-2. I then rebooted and checked the status tab. Temperature -40°C/0 raw was reported.

After I filed the bug report my update available icon was flashing. I updated, again to version 0.0.1-2. This time deserts bloomed and the land was flowing with milk and honey! Status reported a positive number for the temp and a non-zero number for raw. I guess I missed the update earlier. Thank you for addressing this issue.

Last edited by tzsm98; 2010-05-30 at 02:08. Reason: Update information

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 164 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Chateauroux, FRANCE
hi !

i'm qt4 designer and dev and i adapted ui to allow real finger usage, scrollable ui to avoid small controls, portrait mode, noob widgets like progress bars, sliders and so....

if someone is interested, i'll post screenshots, code and binaries...

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by TheBootroo View Post
hi !

i'm qt4 designer and dev and i adapted ui to allow real finger usage, scrollable ui to avoid small controls, portrait mode, noob widgets like progress bars, sliders and so....

How about sending a patch to the original developer?

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
please, do so

Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by TheBootroo View Post
hi !

This would be great!

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Absolute brilliant app and the way to go for overclocking WITH a heat sink on the cpu and some holes drilled either side of the case for venting lol.
Incidentally it is now fairly easy to buy a complete case for the N900 on ebay etc.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 164 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Chateauroux, FRANCE
My own cool UI :

portrait screenshots and Qt4 code coming soon (as i come back to home)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheBootroo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Peterborough, UK
Looks great, any chance you could add other parameters though (such as sampling down factor, down threshold and freq step) for conservative governor?