Active Topics

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
how comes all you guys are on 18 months with voda??? im on a 12 month paying £45 600mins, unlimited texts & data and im soooooooooooo unhappy with the service! but i would b even more upset if i was on an 18month. I got this deal from nokia website

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
im going to call them now. i got a text from them. read below.

You are reaching the end of your data allowance. You will be charged another £5.00 (Inc VAT) for the next 500MB. We will notify you again before you reach the next charging point. To stop these messages Text STOP to 40506. Keep track of internet charges with Vodafone. Sent MAY 05 @11:22 UK

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
If we don't get the flash update, the 500mb will be ample soon enough

i'm on 18 month contract got it on feb, i did get a text other day which i thought was weird, i dont do more then 300mb on n900 (use wifi at home) but got a desire other day and loving google service and maps with navigation which will eat up alot of data.. maybe time to cancel, any one had luck cancelling their contract?

i also recieved the text telling me im nearly up to the limit of me data allowance and that if i go over i will then be charged a extra £5 i did not agree to this when i signed the contract it was for 600 mins unlimited texts and unlimited data for 40 a month for 18 months if i can get out of this contract and find a better deal then i would love to do that please let us know how u get on with speaking to voda as if u can get out i will be doing the same

Originally Posted by devildriven View Post
Nope no joy yet. just spoke to someone there and it across the board. existing and new customers. the only way to cancel is is pay the early cancellation fees.. Think im going to have a cry now. have emailed them too so we'll see what comes of that but im not hopeful anymore.
and what is are those cancellation fees??

im going to see if i can get some info on the moneysavingexpert forum later when i come..

gotta rush to work now..

if anyone has some time, please check that forum and ask over there, or i'll do it myself at night...

one more thing: does voda not monitor these forums??

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Cancellation fee is how much you would have left to pay without VAT and 25% discount (If I remember rightly)

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

Im wondering how long it will take before somebody takes all these companies to court based on their "unlimited" offers...

but then, they could say "amazingly unlimited internet with free alcohol and as much mb as you want/your pc can handle within 24hrs!!!".......as long as the actual contract (those a4 sheets in small print text that no one bothers to read) says 500mb or less as their real limitations per month, then theyre safe to say or lie about whatever they want in any advertising!! ;(

just got a text from voda saying "we sent you a text by mistake Re: out of bundle charges very sorry please be assured u have not been charged. for info click here http://live.vodafone.com/zr/sa1

im also on the 600mins unlimited texts* and unlimited internet* im currently siting at around 700mb this month, i rarley go over 500mb but after reading the vodaphone forum was under the impresion i would just be contacted if i consistantly went over it and asked to upgraded my data plan, ive hd no text from them and have recieved no notice from them that they are changing their T&C's either by letter or email,
i would be very interested to see where this goes as the unlimited data plan was why i chose this contract, and i will look to get out of it if they charge me for just going over now and then.

Tags
vodafone con