Closed Thread
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
QUICK! Tell Prof. Christos Kozyrakis of Stanford University to pull N900 out of its EE classes as all qualified SE on earth proved that N900 is outdated and sucks.

(I wouldn't say N900 stink if I were you, because it's owner-dependent. Mine smells presently. If yours stinks probably....XD)

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Sad indeed to see how this thread has been hijacked. If you have specific complaints regarding the N900, either follow existing threads or start a new one for all I care!

This wasn't meant to be a plain "I like N900" thread either. It feels like nobody even read the original post and responded solely to the title of the thread. Perhaps, I should highlight the questions in the original post.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
I miss teh days when devs actually made an effort to get their code neat and optimized. When things could run faster on a 32MB P100 than some tools that run slower on the latest and greatest hardware.

I miss those days.

Having said that. The main reason I bought the N900 is to have a pocketable computer with ssh access to my servers and other such things. The phone app is just the way I like it... circa Nokia 5110 quality Simple and works what it needs to work.
zsh|xmms2|fcron|gtar|gcoreutils

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by shanrizvi View Post
Sad indeed to see how this thread has been hijacked. If you have specific complaints regarding the N900, either follow existing threads or start a new one for all I care!

This wasn't meant to be a plain "I like N900" thread either. It feels like nobody even read the original post and responded solely to the title of the thread. Perhaps, I should highlight the questions in the original post.
agreed... most of these people are trolling around wildly in the forum now... theres no constructive feedback... there are tons of duplicate threads - only created for spam purpose... and hijacking occurs on every topic mentioning something good about the N900...

i start to think these people are hired by the competition, and i doubt that these trolls even have the N900.
i guess they bought a iDont or a Hangdroid and now they are jealous watching how the N900 gets all the good shitz

Last edited by S0urcerr0r; 2010-05-31 at 13:44.

Originally Posted by S0urcerr0r View Post
agreed... most of these people are trolling around wildly in the forum now... theres no constructive feedback... there are tons of duplicate threads - only created for spam purpose... and hijacking occurs on every topic mentioning something good about the N900...

i start to think these people are hired by the competition, and i doubt that these trolls even have the N900.
i guess they bought a iDont or a Hangdroid and now they are jealous watching how the N900 gets all the good shitz
keep telling yourself that

The Following User Says Thank You to PradaBrada For This Useful Post:
Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
shanrizvi:
i also like the N900 very much... i got it a month ago and im still finding lots of interresting features and software everyday.

examples from the last 2 days:

* yesterday i installed the latest version of mypaint, after getting extremely impressed by some very nice videos of it, on youtube. it really was something special to try out one of the most powerful paint apps on the N900 and test the "pressure sensitivity" of the N900 screen. i became like a happy child when i realized the N900's screen really have the "pressure sensitivity" feature. pressing soft with the stylus, painted thin lines - pressing harder painted thicker lines

* Today, i took the time to improve general web browsing and youtube:
1. first i installed "Hide User Agent" which allows the N900 to browse real "desktop" webpages by default. Finally ALL websites show up in the browser like they look on the computer - before, some websites like youtube, msn and facebook redirected to mobile versions... and its easy to switch between profiles (N900, PC, Iphone, or any other device)
2. i installed mediabox and the youtube plugin - finally youtube videos always plays back 100% smooth and in high quality.

...its like this every day... features and apps that other mobiles only dream about was there from the beginning with the N900, and even more is coming all the time.

im a very happy N900 user!
hey, these sound awesome, but i cant find the hide user agent or youtube plugin anywhere... can you help?

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on May 2010 @ United Kingdom
Thread should be titled "Classic case of Stockholm Syndrome"

The Following User Says Thank You to Bourdain For This Useful Post:
Posts: 124 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
keep trolling boys - maybe ure so pissed cause your Hangdroid/iDont got penetrated by some N900's aircrack

Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post
hey, these sound awesome, but i cant find the hide user agent or youtube plugin anywhere... can you help?
you must add Extras-devel or Extras-testing, for it to show up.

when you are done u can disable devel/testing.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on May 2010 @ United Kingdom
No, I'm so pissed because my N900 is lying like a dog turd on my desk right now.

I absolutely regret buying this device, even more than the Nintendo Wii.

keep trolling boys - maybe ure so pissed cause your Hangdroid/iDont got penetrated by some N900's aircrack
Get back to playing with your RC controlled Lego contraptions in the basement

Originally Posted by Bourdain View Post
No, I'm so pissed because my N900 is lying like a dog turd on my desk right now.

I absolutely regret buying this device, even more than the Nintendo Wii.
The Nintendo Wii is without a doubt the worst purchase I have ever made. The only consoling fact it gave to me, was that my 5 year old cousin loved it when I gave it to him for his 5th birthday

Although I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in this device, especially with the fact how Nokia just shafted it

Closed Thread