Notices

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by amorek13 View Post
it only shows up in status area if name of the song and artist is known, it only name of the song is present it does not show, also when listening to internet radio it does not pull info that media player is displaying
Unfortunately internet radio seems to work differently to local media, so I'm not sure I can get the meta information from it.

Version 0.2 Now in extras-devel and extras-testing:
* Added enable/disabled service option.
* Added clearing of status on stop/pause and service disable.
* Added debouncing to IM status update to ignore track skipping.
* Fixed issue with updating only if track & artist are both available.
* Fixed install/upgrade/uninstall triggers to start and stop service when required.
* Added XSBC-Bugtracker field to debian/control file.

There's a known bug, that means you can't reliably set your status during a song.

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
And, in related news, I'm currently working on version 0.3, which will introduce monitoring of telepathy in the service. What this basically means is I can keep track of accounts when they come online and update the straight away, as well as implement reverting IM status updates that some one might to mid song, which is probably an edge case, but I might aswell play nice.

From there on I'm going to presume the software feature complete, but if I've missed something, please request it now through this thread.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
When I click on the configuration menu for Media IM Status Updater, it doesn't do anything, doesn't open a configuration window. When I had 0.1 it did. What can be happening and how can I help you debug it?

As it's written in python + PySide, there can be a rather annoying lag. Does the control panel lock for any considerable time when you try running it? You can run the ui directly from the command line which might show any exceptions that could be happening in the application, that would be a great help, type: $ /opt/rx/media-im-status-updater/media_im_status_updater_ui.py

Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Could this be also "ported" to Pidgin as a plugin?
Since I rather use Pidgin as my default IM on the N900

In theory, but I'll leave that to someone else as my app is specifically meant for use with telepathy. There are pidgin desktop plugins that do the same thing, so it might be easy-ish to port one, though I doubt any use MAFW

So, sorry, it's not on my road map

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
As it's written in python + PySide, there can be a rather annoying lag. Does the control panel lock for any considerable time when you try running it? You can run the ui directly from the command line which might show any exceptions that could be happening in the application, that would be a great help, type: $ /opt/rx/media-im-status-updater/media_im_status_updater_ui.py
Code:
[user@n900 user]% /opt/rx/media-im-status-updater/media_im_status_updater_ui.py
-sh: /opt/rx/media-im-status-updater/media_im_status_updater_ui.py: Permission denied
[user@n900 user]% python /opt/rx/media-im-status-updater/media_im_status_updater_ui.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/rx/media-im-status-updater/media_im_status_updater_ui.py", line 139, in <module>
    dialog      = Dialog(session_bus, config)
  File "/opt/rx/media-im-status-updater/media_im_status_updater_ui.py", line 112, in __init__
    self.form     = Form(bus, config)
  File "/opt/rx/media-im-status-updater/media_im_status_updater_ui.py", line 76, in __init__
    profile.get('Profile', 'IconName'))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/ConfigParser.py", line 292, in get
    raise NoSectionError(section)
ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'Profile'
[user@n900 user]%
It seems that I might be lacking some dependence. Do you know which one?

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Sometimes (actually i don't know the steps to reproduce it) when this app is on, my pecan account enters in a "trying to... disconnect?" loop WHEN THE ACCOUNT IS ALREADY OFF. In the desktop, the offline picture (white circle with the X) pops up and dissapears in a endless loop, even when in offline mode no icon is showed in the status bar. When i click, it seems to be busy loading and need to swith to other status, then offline and save the changes to fix it... for a while
Since this i need to switch off the app when i finish to use msn. Bit weird... I think it's introduced in 0.2 version. Hope you can find the bug.

Last edited by Hariainm; 2010-06-11 at 04:19. Reason: typos