Active Topics

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Anssi Vanjoki wants Symbian Guru back:
"We are determined to win back supporters, including Ricky, our favourite Symbian Guru."

http://conversations.nokia.com/2010/...ck-starts-now/

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
But... but, what you just described, in reverse what happened to Internet Tablet Talk.... it went from that general purpose name to Talk.Maemo.Org, which basically seals the deal for this site.
It really should be re-named back to internettablettalk. Then we can talk about any kind of tablet. . iPad, Android, Meego, etc..

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I thought the guy has jinxed every technology that he has stood behind for.

Let him go, Anssi!!
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by OVK View Post
Anssi Vanjoki wants Symbian Guru back:
"We are determined to win back supporters, including Ricky, our favourite Symbian Guru."

http://conversations.nokia.com/2010/...ck-starts-now/
Of course they want to. With all the drones out there they don't have to worry much about active support and marketing themselves. On the other hand I think it's totally natural to keep fanboys and bashers out of sight.

There is a possiblity that God must be heavily annoyed about all the prayers by his fanboys and -girls as well. Just thinking.

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
techngro
What good is it if a phone can launch a space shuttle but can't remember the playback position of podcasts and videos?
well Panucci does that just fine for podcasts and in Media player you just have to press the playing now button in the lower right corner.

Originally Posted by pqs View Post
Yes, the N900 has great hardware, but hardware is useless if not supported by good software, and Maemo is not good enough. Sadly.
What are you talking about!? n900 have great software... More than I ever hoped for when getting the device. Had no MMS out of box, have now. Comicbook reader/e-books via Guthenberg check.
A heap of emmulators for games, a great browser and (extra browser with firefox) And more good software than I care to mention here... But I just want to mention my joy over the LACK of fart aps, lighter aps, [insert name of stupid app here] well you name it.

daddeddad
Well I wouldn't want to blog about symbian either. It would be like having a blog called skoda-guru, when you could have a blog called bugatti-guru. Symbian has it's place and will not go away, just like skoda won't. Bugattis are not for everyone.
Well not much have happened on the Symbian front in a while and they (symbian-guru: which I have never heard of untill now) deside to quit just as Symbian ^3 is comming out and ^4 not that far of in the future... I don't get it... unless its a media stunt of some sort (think wag the dog from Apples side - to "cover up" all the shortcommings of iPhone 4)

Originally Posted by techngro View Post
I know. But I figure that when it comes from these two long-time Nokia fanboys/girls, some of the folks on this site will be less quick to jump down someones throat when the have the slightest critique of Nokia or the N900 especially.

After initial disappointment with my N900, I really tried to make it work. But after putting in even more time and effort, I am left just even more frustrated than before.
I have to say i agree with you, i have been a nokia fan since the very first phone (Nokia 8210) i owned.. to name a few, ive had N95 - N958GB - E90 - iPhone 3G - N900.

I really tried to love the N900, but it just got worser by the day. It seems everyone else knew it was a joke, coz when i tried to sell it, no one wanted it! or only offered to take it for almost nothing. when i sold the 3G, it practically appreciated.

Right now im waiting for my Nexus One. Thats the phone i should have bought from the very beginning. Oh, i ended up giving the N900 to a sibling, for free!!!

Originally Posted by Brunorange View Post
Well not much have happened on the Symbian front in a while and they (symbian-guru: which I have never heard of untill now) deside to quit just as Symbian ^3 is comming out and ^4 not that far of in the future... I don't get it...
Exactly my thoughts! If they decided to quit let's say 1 year ago, i could understand them. But now? ^3 seems much better and so the hardware of the n8. ^4 will be finished by the end of the year with first phones coming out Q1/2011. Not to forget MeeGo.
Same with: http://thenokiaguide.com/2010/07/01/...based-devices/
Why make a blog post like this? If there are no interesting symbian news, then don't post them. If there are, then just do it. And i'm sure there will be some interesting stuff coming (at nokia world at the latest).

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
symbian is not dead Anssi Vanjoki revealed today that we'll see symbian^4 Nseries, the symbian no longer powering nseries after n8 thing was only about symbian^3
as usual people was too quick to jump at the opportunity to piss on symbian without waiting for facts
The register.co.uk did a piece and the long term plans of Nokia were released as being Symbian 4 is dead and buried by 2013. So the current N series would be the last as Meego for the win.

...but I take a dose of salts to the statement as Nokia change their mind more than I change my shorts. With their smartphone market share in freefall and losing on all fronts against the google and apple marketing machines and HTC manufacturing better equipment to the masses (I said masses, not techy niche people on this forum), they could reorganise and rethink and change it all.

Banned | Posts: 206 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vancouver
I particularly like the part in the interview where he claims that Symbian can go head to head with iPhone and Android in the phone space and that MeeGo is for computers. I'm reminded of when the ceo of GM claimed that the Chevy Monte Carlo was good enough to go up against the Ford Mustang in the sports car market. Which one of those companies went bankrupt again?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
It really should be re-named back to internettablettalk. Then we can talk about any kind of tablet. . iPad, Android, Meego, etc..
Amen! They rename it and then get rid of Maemo. Very clever way to turn this site into dust.