Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
http://i51.tinypic.com/ac4ayf.png

its been 24 hours since i charged this phone..
850mhz Lv ,mohammads hildon package , this swappiness package

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
for those who have night-battery-draining problems.
in the repos is a app called alarmed.
this app allows you to configure your phone that it for example goes auto flight mode in at 00:00 and auto flight mode out at 06:00
you can configure the time how you need.
my battery drains 3 percent at night with this app

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Most battery related problems are a program that won't go idle. Or maintaining a 3G data connection with chat enabled, or wifi (not so bad) with chat.

Try this:
top -d 240

and leave it alone for at least 4 minutes.
Then look at the CPU % column and you can see what is using CPU time. Ideally everything should be 0%. Less than 1% might be ok.

or install one of the battery graph programs. I've used "BatteryGraph" to monitor what uses up the battery.

I was having a random battery drain problem for a long time. It was "catorize" app that was causing it (actually it's the hildon-desktop interacting with catorize). Removed "catorize" and my battery lasts DAYS now.

My N800: OS2008, Fanoush's initfs, SanDisk 4Gig x 2 SDHC, BoxWave FlexSkin and Sync Charger, Homebrew External Power Pack (4xAA NiMH Rechargeable 2400 mA)

Greetings from Sunny San Diego, California!

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by jamesc760 View Post
I was having a random battery drain problem for a long time. It was "catorize" app that was causing it (actually it's the hildon-desktop interacting with catorize). Removed "catorize" and my battery lasts DAYS now.
how did you discover this?

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
I am overclocked to 250-900. My phone would not last 12 hours the way I use it. I can't tell you exactly, but I am at school all day, texting, IMing, emailing, browsing webz, taking pictures here and there, and def listening to music/internet radio... Basically, raping my battery

Maybe next two weeks I will leave my home in the morning with my phone charged all the way, and make logs of my battery graph and how long my battery lasts...

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
Hey guys. I got my N900 last week and I charge it after I come home from work. It gets up to 93% charge I do some Wifi downloading and then I switch it off. I have or had one desktop all others cancelled and now I only have a calender, the weather app, 2 bookmarks and a couple shortcuts on the desktop. I have brightness app installed and the app that allows u to take screencasts and screen shots and see CPU and memory usage running in the background. most of the time i have no wifi connection at work. 2.5G is what i use but it's just there with my GSM mode cuz I got the app to switch between DUAL GSM AND 3G. I turn my phone on at 9am and it lasts me at times till 7pm where it's either 5% or less. So it basically lasts around 10hrs but I don't like that 10hrs bcuz it seems I always have to be trying to force it to make those 10hrs by switching it off or not using it at all or going into offline. i wud really just like to use my device comfortably with out worrying if it'll die on me thanks. btw i don't know anything bout xterm and stuff so if u offer that as help u have to speak noob. thanks again

mine dies in about 4-5 hours cos of the transmission running all the time...

Originally Posted by RenaldoTT View Post
Hey guys. I got my N900 last week and I charge it after I come home from work. It gets up to 93% charge I do some Wifi downloading and then I switch it off. I have or had one desktop all others cancelled and now I only have a calender, the weather app, 2 bookmarks and a couple shortcuts on the desktop. I have brightness app installed and the app that allows u to take screencasts and screen shots and see CPU and memory usage running in the background. most of the time i have no wifi connection at work. 2.5G is what i use but it's just there with my GSM mode cuz I got the app to switch between DUAL GSM AND 3G. I turn my phone on at 9am and it lasts me at times till 7pm where it's either 5% or less. So it basically lasts around 10hrs but I don't like that 10hrs bcuz it seems I always have to be trying to force it to make those 10hrs by switching it off or not using it at all or going into offline. i wud really just like to use my device comfortably with out worrying if it'll die on me thanks. btw i don't know anything bout xterm and stuff so if u offer that as help u have to speak noob. thanks again
Switching the phone ON/Off drains a lot of battery.. set it to offline mode instead if you dont want to use it.
Also if you have email client setup... setting to 2.5/2G will drain the battery more as phone will be using data for longer period of time( slow transfer rate). So juss use 3G if that's the case and see if it improves..

The Following User Says Thank You to PathFinder@9GS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
Originally Posted by PathFinder@9GS View Post
Switching the phone ON/Off drains a lot of battery.. set it to offline mode instead if you dont want to use it.
Also if you have email client setup... setting to 2.5/2G will drain the battery more as phone will be using data for longer period of time( slow transfer rate). So juss use 3G if that's the case and see if it improves..
I can't use 3G it isn't available where I live. Well at least I don't pay for it so I can't get it and yea I have the email client enabled but I doubt it refreshes using 2.5G bcuz it's way too slow and to my knowledge it only refreshes when I connect to wifi then it says refreshing. I only connect to wifi or GPRS when I want something other wise it just says 2.5 under the signal bar area and that's it. If I switch it to 3G with the app there's no 3G written just a blank spot under the signal bars or no signal bars at all.