Active Topics

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I was surprised because it conflicted with my positive opinion of you, so I wondered why you made the comment.
I.. I love you, man.

Besides, I was providing the comment tongue-in-cheek. It appears he took it the right way, from his response.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Norway
I have no idea how to flash my N900, but I figured its worth a shot.
Only thing is, my battery is not fully charged, since i had been using the N900 for a day befor it died. And im really not sure if it charges when i plug it to the charger , cause the "charging LED" dont show, and the phone just boots to the Nokia logo, and reboots untill i remove the battery.
So my question is, what can go wrong if the battery aint fully charged?

-Futtawuh

Last edited by futtawuh; 2010-10-27 at 11:37.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by futtawuh View Post
I have no idea how to flash my N900, but I figured its worth a shot.
Only thing is, my battery is not fully charged, since i had been using the N900 for a day befor it died. And im really not sure if it charges when i plug it to the charger , cause the "charging LED" dont show, and the phone just boots to the Nokia logo, and reboots untill i remove the battery.
So my question is, what can go wrong if the battery aint fully charged?

-Futtawuh
I don't exactly know what will happen, but I can image you don't want your device running out of juice while flashing.
My guess is you would probably end up like me and you'll need to send your precious N900 back to Nokia.

I think you'll need to find a way to get your battery fully charged first and don't take unnecessary risks.

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by tlex26 View Post
I don't exactly know what will happen, but I can image you don't want your device running out of juice while flashing.
My guess is you would probably end up like me and you'll need to send your precious N900 back to Nokia.

I think you'll need to find a way to get your battery fully charged first and don't take unnecessary risks.
Yeah makes sence. And I don't think it would be a good idea to flash it since the phone wont stay OFF while its plugged to a charger, and just reboots like its getting paid to do it. Guess that would ****up the flash.
Ohwell, I'll take my baby to the doctor tomorrow then

-Futtwuh

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
tlex26:
i know its too late now - but maybe your bootloader was corrupt.

check out this:
http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-d...-downloads.php

download "maemo-flasher-3.5", and read the "help.txt" file.

in that file they explain how to "cold flash" the bootloader of the N900.
...maybe your N900 problems had something to do with it, or not.

The Following User Says Thank You to S0urcerr0r For This Useful Post:
S0urcerr0r,

It was indeed a bit to late, but still thanks for the help.

The Following User Says Thank You to tlex26 For This Useful Post:
This afternoon a brand new N900 was delivered to my home, while I was at work.

It took Nokia a long time to find out that it couldn't be repaired, but at this point I couldn't care less. I got an N900 again :-)

I'm happy again.

The Following User Says Thank You to tlex26 For This Useful Post: