Originally Posted by esthreel View Post
Thanks, I will try this later. I am new to Linux (My goal if this works would be making this into QBW button.)

Update 2
I have a working queen beecon mount button. Thanks again for the script.

P.S This is a killer feature, no, really battery dies faster than it takes to charge
Can you show me how you did the QBW shortcut?
I've tried osso-xterm-e "mount -t ntfs /dev/sda1 /media/ntfs -o uid=29999,gid=29999,utf8,dmask=027,fmask=137; sudo gainroot" & but it's not working.

Originally Posted by Armstrong Dicksmasher View Post
Can you show me how you did the QBW shortcut?
I've tried osso-xterm-e "mount -t ntfs /dev/sda1 /media/ntfs -o uid=29999,gid=29999,utf8,dmask=027,fmask=137; sudo gainroot" & but it's not working.
download and install filebox. mount the ntfs drive as such

Code:
sudo gainroot
mount -t ntfs /dev/sda1 /media/flash
Go to file box. navigate to /media/flash and you will see the files.

The Following User Says Thank You to lifenexus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
I have a Microsoft notebook optical mouse that I`m trying to make it work.Any commands or drivers that I need to install first to make it work?I can see it`s light when I try to enumerate but that`s it, no cursor on the screen.

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
@sophocha: You need to install hid bluetooth scripts. You can do that from the application manager. Beware though that the kinetic scrolling becomes somewhat crippled afterwards, at least in microb.
There's a separate thread for that here, just search.

The Following User Says Thank You to Larswad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
@sophocha: You need to install hid bluetooth scripts. You can do that from the application manager. Beware though that the kinetic scrolling becomes somewhat crippled afterwards, at least in microb.
There's a separate thread for that here, just search.
Oh, I just noticed that in microb!Bummer!

What about connecting the keyboard.How do you write numbers?It seems that whenever I type numbers they don`t show up.How do I map these?

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
everything works awesome on the h-e-n in my case,

so if i have the audio issue on the v45 kernel-power, i cant play media files (with audio e.i mp3) from an external flash drive right?

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

I have h-e-n working and installed power-kernel V45. My usb stick, 2GB, formatted fat, and my cardreader with 4GD SDHC memory card are working fine. But my other usb stick, 16GB, formatted fat32, is not recognised by h-e-n.

What can I do?

Last edited by lpdv74; 2010-11-16 at 11:09.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by lifenexus View Post
about the pc connectivity, did u try the connectivity after u closed hen or when it was open?
It was closed. In fact, I tried after rebooting just to make sure - thanks!

Good news:
Now I was able to get a SD reader recognized and working AND recognize (but not work with) my modem. I didn't knew that I needed to install h-e-n. I thought that it was installed alongside power kernel, now that they are together, and that was then a command prompt, but I was wrong.

Bad news:
I noticed that after using h-e-n (and closing it), if I go to charge my device (and then shut the screen backlight), it will glow, whenever it needs to glow, but REALLY WEAK and then, from nowhere, goes normal again. And then, randomly, will glow weak again. I just saw that happening RIGHT NOW. I don't know why, maybe some thing is reverse charged and the it needs to wait until discharge, I just see that it does that.

I noticed too that, if I try to copy ONE BIG file(700mb) from the SD to an external SD, it will go really fast in the first 20mb, but will start to slow down up to the maximum of 200mb(in my experiences) when it will "break" - mostly will break before. I'm yet to test with other hub to see if it is a problem with my actual hub, but I'd like to let it registered. I hope someone tried to copy some file from the SD to an USB SD reader to confirm or deny that. I'm yet to test from the internal memory to the USB SD reader too.

And, finally, I guess this is related with the power kernel: It does not like to reboot. Almost always, when I ask it to REBOOT, it will reboot, but not actually boot, it will start to boot and then, turn off. Then I need to turn it on manually. Is anybody else experiencing this?

I'm yet to retry the maemo-pc-connectivity, to see if it is working.

Thanks.

Last edited by Temporal; 2010-11-16 at 14:38.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
OBS: Sorry for not editing my last post, but its important: My n900 is not starting now |:/

I'll try to remove the battery and try again.

EDIT: Worked. Before, it was like there was no battery on it. What could have happened? (No, no OC).

Last edited by Temporal; 2010-11-16 at 14:48.

I mentioned in "USB hostmode beta release" thread that I unsuccessfully tried to connect Canon camera and Nokia N95 (PC Suite mode). Today I tried again just to get dmesg logs.
Attached Files
File Type: txt nokia_n95.txt (15.2 KB, 248 views)
File Type: txt canon_camera.txt (15.3 KB, 197 views)

Tags
awesome!, bada rox, h-e-n hostmode, more noise