Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Alright, time to come clean...
What's your affiliation with Archos? ;p
I'm going to come clean I'm just a sad Archos fan. I wish I had an affiliation with the company.
edit: who isn't good with spelling or grammar

Last edited by railroadmaster; 2011-04-22 at 04:52.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Also apparently someone got Honeycomb running on the Archos 70. He doesn't interact with it, so it is probably fake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irSvX03cxss

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I like the idea of cheap devices, so I'm glad to see a drumbeat of Arcos info, though I'd even more like to see a thread devoted to low cost ITT type devices of any brand at around $200 or less.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I like the idea of cheap devices, so I'm glad to see a drumbeat of Arcos info, though I'd even more like to see a thread devoted to low cost ITT type devices of any brand at around $200 or less.
Well maybe that would be a good idea. Anyway Archos happens to be the leader in this product category and no one else seams to care about low end devices the way Archos does. There are very few companies who approach designing low end products as something more than an OEM design with a case and that is what makes Archos different in my personal opinion. There is the fact that they invented hard drive media players in 2001, invented video players in 2003, invented mobile Internet devices in 2005, and Invented Android tablets in 2008 for a company of 150 people I have yet to see many other low end brands or high end brands for that matter with such innovation. I don't think Archos is the only innovator but they do deserve their place. Just my thoughts.
edit: I think a Meizu thread is in order

Last edited by railroadmaster; 2011-04-23 at 05:15.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
That's an interesting turn of event, considering archos used to be the high end choice (at least their price points) in handheld media players and they were very closed with their firmwares and tried to sell 'software upgrades' (video codecs, web browser) at significant prices before app stores were popular.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Archos 7c is now shipping with and it pretty much has all of the features of the Archos 70 for nearly 100 dollars less. The only thing really missing is the camera
http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/22/a...pping-for-220/

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
That's an interesting turn of event, considering archos used to be the high end choice (at least their price points) in handheld media players and they were very closed with their firmwares and tried to sell 'software upgrades' (video codecs, web browser) at significant prices before app stores were popular.
Well Archos probably changed their strategy because there isn't a lot money one can make off a Niche market product

Last edited by railroadmaster; 2011-04-23 at 06:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
Archos 7c is now shipping with and it pretty much has all of the features of the Archos 70 for nearly 100 dollars less. The only thing really missing is the camera
http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/22/a...pping-for-220/
Oddly, the only place on archos.com i can find a mention of it is the US web store. Not even the US front page have any mention of it.

Seems it has the usual rockchip lack of bluetooth.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tso View Post
Oddly, the only place on archos.com i can find a mention of it is the US web store. Not even the US front page have any mention of it.

Seems it has the usual rockchip lack of bluetooth.
Archos recently put the page up if your interested.
https://store.archos.com/archos-home-tablet-p-104.html

Archos is adding 3.5inches to their product line up. This will probably replace the Archos 32 and Archos 28. Such a device like this at the 100-150 dollar range would sell quite well.
http://translate.google.com/translat...hos-3-5IT.html

Tags
android envy, bada rox, competition, no bada for u