Active Topics

Notices

Why don't they put it in the normal repositories ? Why all this downloading through their website?

Mozilla does this because they know us N900 users are command line junkies who will compile code from last night's CVS tarball, grab the bleeding-edge versions of obscure libraries, and upgrade the kernel with special patches just to have the latest and greatest program running on their DIY hacker device.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Hang on here we are talking about Mozilla right and as it is supposed to be a MOBILE version of firefox then it surely would be designed for ALL mobile devices not just the N900 soooo why have they not got it right? after all they are not exactly new to this lets face it !.

My comments still stand and especially for noobs but also for techies alike it would be more realistic if Mozilla at least made a true MOBILE version instead of trying to be clever and leave components that hog the search engine even before it gets off the ground and decides to give a search routine !.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Dancairo View Post
Good morning Mr abill...
Does this mean that they have got it right? as in "not get nowt"..if I were you I'd steer clear of northern. ;-)
HAHA dan you seem to know it is northern lingo but for your benefit "nowt" is short for nothing.

PS it is actually taking the peee out of Mozilla so try not to look too deep into words that are "lingo (slang)".

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-03-31 at 04:33.

Could someone explain to me why I can just install fennec 1.1? I just tried 5 minutes ago, and still I have /opt/mozilla/fennec1.1.
Could it be because I am not from US?

it's slow and clunky on my n900...meh:/

I need to understand if I am the only user who cannot install it. Both firefox.com/m and ovi store are giving me fennec 1.1.
I saved on disk fennec 4.0 from http://moff.mozilla.com/latest/maemo/multi/ and it doesn't work. I just see grey on top of the screen, grey on the left and white in the rest of the screen.
Can you exxplain to me? Is my phone broken? Shoul I reflash it?
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Patroclo View Post
I need to understand if I am the only user who cannot install it. Both firefox.com/m and ovi store are giving me fennec 1.1.
I saved on disk fennec 4.0 from http://moff.mozilla.com/latest/maemo/multi/ and it doesn't work. I just see grey on top of the screen, grey on the left and white in the rest of the screen.
Can you exxplain to me? Is my phone broken? Shoul I reflash it?
Thanks.
I'm having the same problem. I uninstalled it, disabled the Ovi repository, downloaded and installed from http://moff.mozilla.com/latest/maemo.../binary-armel/.

I still just get the gray/white screen. The menu bar is missing. The button by the address bar brings up a drop-down menu, but nothing works. Have to end task as the close button does not work.

I am wondering if I need to install from the command line, if this will keep the built-in app manager from doing the install. I try to avoid it like the plague, I use faster app manager.

Oh well, I guess it's time to check out the Opera mobile version then. *sigh*

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
HAHA dan you seem to know it is northern lingo but for your benefit "nowt" is short for nothing.

PS it is actually taking the peee out of Mozilla so try not to look too deep into words that are "lingo (slang)".
I think he was referring to your double negative.

firefox sucks. opera rulez.

The Following User Says Thank You to Turkishflavor For This Useful Post: