Active Topics

Poll: Abill_uk to release the know how for all the usb problems(with pics included).
Poll Options
Abill_uk to release the know how for all the usb problems(with pics included).

Closed Thread
I love this thread.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Descalzo For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
I love this thread.
Quoted for emphasis.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Poll count today is 33 for and 9 against.

The Following User Says Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
Let's take a look at the scoreboard, shall we!

Nokia: Thousands of lines of open source code and documentation
abill_uk: 0

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
Meego OS will not be coming to N900, there is a method to install the Developer Edition onto the EMMC but it's not recommended, it is not for end users. Simple as, if you enjoy your functions, don't do it, it will be a worse experience than Maemo (no offence intended to the Developer Edition team) but even they admit that it will only support the basic functions, and if your doing this for Apps that might one day come just got get Nitdroid.
How did this end up in a thread about abill_uk's magic USB fix?

(that said, I would like to have a USB fix right now, given my bent USB plug)

Off-topic: We go for basic functions FIRST to make them work really well instead of having a half-assed solution, not ONLY.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
FYI, just because I (or any other moderator) comment in a thread like this in NO way means I (or any other moderator) endorse any of the contents.

And just because we don't act on something immediately doesn't mean we're ignoring it or letting it go. Some actions require discussion first. And God forbid I kneejerk into an invocation of Godwin's Law...

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Are you actually going to allow this redicul assss thread? or do i have to shut it down myself?.
Careful what you wish for.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
Originally Posted by chan32167 View Post
no problems... just me trolling abill as i have light work today... but hey who knows he might have the "real" solutions for all the usb problems as he claims(step by step instructions on how to fix the loose usb's that affect a great deal of people, would be great).
the answer to the usb?

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
What the bloody **** is going on in this thread?
His requests are unreasonable. There is NO open-source SGX driver available. Nokia for obvious reasons will NOT open BME. It will take a ****-tonne of time to write OSS replacements.

And the USB fix = prevention. Sand the uUSB connectors, and secure the USB port by using whatever method suits you - epoxy, hot glue, super glue, whatever. Once it's broken off and the pads are gone, as in the USB thread, either send it back to Nokia or try the debug pads under the battery.
it doesnt take rocket science, even an idiot can figure that out, sir.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Are you actually going to allow this redicul assss thread? or do i have to shut it down myself?.
i dont mean any disrespect, but i saw ur negativity towards meego, which were well justified and i've even elaborated it to the other threat. *http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...08#post1013208 <-- this one to be more specific*
thing is, they need you to justify, not me. thats the reason to most of the hatred, and yes, i do agree, mr.chan32167 along with majority of other dumb members of this community who complain but dont participate, can't really understand the technical details.
all they need is for u to stick to the point, dumb it down, and not get into technical details.

bottom line is, if you believe that there's a good reason behind it, do share it with us.

and yes, i've followed up with the https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9314
nokia thinks its dangerous and thinks it can cause a liability for them..
as far as i can tell, thats good enough for me to vote for no.
and yes, i think its safe to assume that abill_uk, if is in possession fo the drivers, can be sued for it *incase nokia goes as extreme as sony*
the bottom line remains, we all need to move on. N900 is over.
why is it over?
coz community is exhausted, out of resources, and all the possibilities with the current situation have been met, and without open drivers for all components, there are no further possibilities for the N900, if there are, they're limited in number.
i'd suggest you all get new phones and "get over it"

**edit, oh for the record.
i've read all of ur 40 posts..
i find only 2 or 3 useful
and the best part, your first post *http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...96#post641096* was to accuse abill of being a troll.
not just that
Originally Posted by chan32167 View Post
Did abill_uk go to troll university to get his "engineer" degree... because calling himself, an engineer, kindda insults the rest of us, who actually have engineering degrees...
insults the rest of "us"
so you're a "engineer" too and you're dumb enough to not figure out how to use superglue?
like i said, its not rocket science. and you're no better then "many" other unproductive idiots on this forum.
the way i see it, you need the drivers too, and you dont wanna "bow down" to abill and ask for help, but honestly, you're jus begging him to give u the drivers.
otherwise, i dont see why you're interested in the drivers.. interested enough to open up a poll for it.

you're the reason why this community lost its track.
now you can bit*h about me all you want.
peace.

Last edited by fahadj2003; 2011-05-31 at 03:43.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by fahadj2003 View Post
it doesnt take rocket science, even an idiot can figure that out, sir.
Hence my "no" vote and a short summary of the only REAL solutions to the USB problem (all taken from the big USB thread) . Bottom line is, if people couldn't figure out how to repair it (even with the debug pads-usb-rerouting) they might as well bring it to Nokia Care.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Please try to stay on topic, for the good of the community! The poll requests that certain information be provided. Comments that it is a "redicul assss" thread are clearly not on the subject.

I fear for the morality of the community when such comments are allowed.

and you call yourself a troll fahadj...

Closed Thread

Tags
brainwashing, ignore list, let's have fun!, sad nerds, _sigh