Notices

Thanks alot its working now but i want to lock conversations, contacts, phone and media player its saying the same error. the location which u hav send for conversations its not working again its giving the same error
applock --add /usr/share/applications/hildon/conversations.desktop
Adding /usr/share/applications/hildon/conversations.desktop to the list of locked applications
You have not specified a valid file

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ India
Doesnt work now.
I can add app to locked list successfully but the applock fails to lock the phone when locked app is opened.

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/home/user # applock --add /usr/share/applications/hildon/dorian.desktop
Maemo applications must be run with the run-standalone.sh script!
QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.
Adding /usr/share/applications/hildon/dorian.desktop to the list of locked applications
Application Monitor Loaded:
Name: "Dorian"
Path: "/opt/maemo/usr/bin/dorian"
Name: "Dorian"
Executable: "/opt/maemo/usr/bin/dorian"
Added to list of locked apps
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'qt_sql_default_connection' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.

This is he output when I try locking Dorian.

ok lets see wen it works becoz those applications r only needed security more than other apps

one more important app i wanna lock i.e Evernote

how to find the path of an app by easy method

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Stellenbosch, South Africa
@warhark
That is weird, did you remove your old settings.db file? The new version uses a different format which is incompatible. You may also need to restart the daemon or launch an app that does lock the phone. I will look into rectifying that issue but it appears that the monitor's listen function blocks the update...

@brokensmile
As I said earlier, this app is really not ready for everyone. I'd recommend waiting for v0.3.0 with a GUI before you use it.
Answering your question, Conversations doesn't exist as a desktop file. If you want to add the conversations app to the monitor list then add:
/usr/share/applications/hildon/rtcom-messaging-ui.desktop

Just keep in mind that clicking in a notification will open it without locking the phone. That will be fixed with the GUI where I will have a list of special apps that have their own monitor details.

Some other apps that have multiple monitors:
Phone
Desktop File
Code:
/usr/share/applications/hildon/rtcom-call-ui.desktop
Keyboard Launch Monitor - Pressing a number key on your desktop
Code:
dbus-send --dest=com.sierrasoftworks.AppLock /com/sierrasoftworks/AppLock com.sierrasoftworks.AppLock.Daemon.AddSearch string:PhoneKeypress string:session string:"type='method_call',interface='com.nokia.CallUI',member='ShowDialpad'"
Contacts
Desktop File
Code:
/usr/share/applications/hildon/osso-addressbook.desktop
Keypress Monitor - Entering text while on the desktop
Code:
dbus-send --dest=com.sierrasoftworks.AppLock /com/sierrasoftworks/AppLock com.sierrasoftworks.AppLock.Daemon.AddSearch string:ContactsKeypress string:session string:"type='method_call',interface='com.nokia.MessagingUI',member='search_append'"

Originally Posted by SPARTAN563 View Post
@warhark
That is weird, did you remove your old settings.db file? The new version uses a different format which is incompatible. You may also need to restart the daemon or launch an app that does lock the phone. I will look into rectifying that issue but it appears that the monitor's listen function blocks the update...
Yea I had cleaned old files and did a clean install again. I tried disabling and re-enabling the daemon, restarting the phone, etc but no solution. The same error keeps popping up. I had added the log of the output in my previous post. Did you see it? It has something to do with qgtkstyles. Is that a missing dependency?

Edit: Running applock -d in the terminal, somehow fixed the problems today morning and the device locks as it should. Will keep you posted. How is your GUI work going on by the way?

Not working again.

This is the most common error shown

Session Bus Monitors:
"addr_me_cs_addtocontacts"
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'qt_sql_default_connection' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.

Adding an application shows this error

QGTKStlyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.

So well, it locks dorian successfully now. I dont know how that worked out. But it did.
All the other applications like contacts shows as added along with the error and fails to lock application.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Stellenbosch, South Africa
Hmm, that is very weird. The qsql error appears to always pop up. That is an issue with Qt's SQL driver which for some reason doesn't close the DB connection when I call the close method... I wouldn't worry about that.

As for the GTK styles problem, I will look into it but it probably isn't an issue at the moment (UI stuff).

If you could try running applock --add as root and let me know if that works I would appreciate it. From what I can see it appears that because the daemon runs as a root user the created db file is created with root privileges.

In future if you start the daemon by running "sudo initctl emit AppLockStartDaemon" it should fix the problem (then the daemon will handle adding all the stuff to the database) though I am not sure why the daemon isn't starting with your phone. Mine seems to work here...

UI work is coming along, but I spent yesterday getting the new monitoring code working. Ideally I want the daemon to be working perfectly before I release any semblance of a GUI just to keep some of the less experienced users at bay.

Thankz alot now contacts r working.... and i hav a problem .... how to start applock again after i restart my fone ... wen i restart my fone again my apps r opening widout security code .. wen i try to run app its giving all help,n all ..... and wen i enter dis sudo initctl emit AppLockStartDaemon ... its showing password .... m not able to to enter any text or number