Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
That would depend on how much intel is willing to piss off microsoft and ruin their relationship, although I suppose MS fired the first shot announcing it will support arm with win 8
Actually that's already been underway for the past few years at least.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Why should Microsoft buy Nokia?
Nokia is already doing what Microsoft need and want. And if WP7 fails Microsoft is able to move on... Nokia has currently the full risk.

But what about this funny thought: What if Intel will buy Nokia?

Buy Nokia, create a second division for MobileComputerPhones with MeeGo and kick the WP7 niche to where they come from.
No one is going to buy Nokia. They are too big and they are too old. There is no potential for growth in Nokia, only billion truckloads of baggage.

What we are seeing is the end of Android as we know it. Android is out of control and Google want to control it like Apple does. ZTE and Huawei and other chinese manufacturers will go their own ways, do their own market places and leave Google with nothing. Samsung want to get out of Android over to WP and Bada. Who knows what HTC wants, and who cares anyway.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
No one is going to buy Nokia. They are too big and they are too old. There is no potential for growth in Nokia, only billion truckloads of baggage.
And plenty of assets that, together, are worth more than the current NOK share price suggests.

Some savvy outfit very well could purchase Nokia, and for billions of good reasons.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
What we are seeing is the end of Android as we know it. Android is out of control and Google want to control it like Apple does. ZTE and Huawei and other chinese manufacturers will go their own ways, do their own market places and leave Google with nothing. Samsung want to get out of Android over to WP and Bada. Who knows what HTC wants, and who cares anyway.
And what they could put in phones instead of Android - WP7? Symbion? or may be MeeGo?

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Intel makes money out of hardware build for deskops not cell phones. The desktop is dominated by MS and I don't think they would want to jeopardize that + spend a *****load of money just to have a chance in a very hostile market.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
$12.5 Billion for some patents. Let's see how they pay off in the future. I just think that's a tad bit much just to fight off this patent trolling that Microsoft, Oracle and Apple are all doing right now.
That will protect them from traditional radio manufacturers. Oracle-Google remains unaffected.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Ah, exactly like Motorola, eh?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
That will protect them from traditional radio manufacturers. Oracle-Google remains unaffected.
Moto has a license for Java Mobile (or whatever from Oracle). It would be transferred to Google I believe.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
This wont effect nokia one bit. Google buy motorola due to what apple is trying to do to the android ecosystem. This is just googles way to say back down and it will work. Android came in and out does iOS in many aspects and apple doesnt like it. Good post on www.xoomforum.com as to why the downfall of apple will happen again if you wanna read it.

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
I suggested back in post #22 maybe Intel could buy Nokia to make MeeGo devices. Probably would be a good move despite the price to put the Intel/Nokia/MeeGo plan back in action. Both companies are in some danger of becoming afterthoughts in the mobile marketplace.

Microsoft cannot - will not - ever allow that to happen. Nor will Elop and his cronies. Nokia has been infiltrated. They will be assimilated. Resistance is futile!
Registered Linux user #266531.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:

Tags
gogle-mogle, google motorola, motogoogle, motogrogle, never say never