Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Update: Version 0.0.2 now available.

* Added support for applications with desktop files stored in /home/user/.local/share/applications.
* Added support for user-definable folders/icons.
* Folders now close when minimised.
* Created .desktop files are now removed when MeeFolders is uninstalled.

Debian package available from: http://ubuntuone.com/5GGbcTn25ogejxMQt3Z9W7

All existing folders will be removed upon installation, due to creation of a clean database.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-12-18 at 21:11.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
That was quick!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Thanks for sharing that vid, but maaaan. It was so close, shaky and whomever the person was kept scrolling all the way up and down, and that didn't show me anything.

And yeah... that new icon is leagues better than my 5 minute exercise. Please use that.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
I have a problem, after updating I have an old Social folder left...

Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
I have a problem, after updating I have an old Social folder left...
Just remove the .desktop file by entering

Code:
rm /home/user/.local/share/applications/meefolders_social.desktop
There can't be any items related to it, since the old database is deleted and a new one created in a different location.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
tryin' to remove some shortcuts from the desktop ( once they are in my fav folder ) but some weird appz like the " drivin map" is hard to find ( strange name in /usr/share/applications )
Do you copy the shortucts put in folder somewhere ? would be easier to find all shortcuts alreay on created folders

Thanks

Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
tryin' to remove some shortcuts from the desktop ( once they are in my fav folder ) but some weird appz like the " drivin map" is hard to find ( strange name in /usr/share/applications )
Do you copy the shortucts put in folder somewhere ? would be easier to find all shortcuts alreay on created folders

Thanks
I don't copy the .desktop files. I would if was modifying/removing them.

The 'Drive' .desktop file is named nokia-drive-qml.desktop

My website

GitHub

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Those icons look great. I would very much like to use them for the folders. It would be great to have a different folder icon for each folder.
Ok great! I will make a usable .png of the one shown earlier and work on some more. Since it's soon christmas time it might take a lil bit, but it will be a pleasure to draw them

I didn't find out how to send private messages, so could you please send me a mail to c4_info[at]yahoo.com ? This way I can send you the files.

The Following User Says Thank You to almamo For This Useful Post:
damn, renaming "shortcut.desktop" from /usr/share/applications after adding them to a folder is not working.
I choose one app in its folder, the folder screen is closing and then nothing, I'm on application menu and my selected app is not lauching.

of course, renaming the sortcut in /usr/share/applications to original name make the app working again but .. :/

Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
This is how my menu looks like now, THANKS!

I attached a zip file with the icons.
The icons are taken from the N900 shared hildon icon folder.

I also added a transparent icon. Just add an app in it to make it appear. Just use a space as the name of the icon.

Note: If you want to add a second transparent icon, you need to give it a different name, you can bypass this problem by giving it "2 spaces" as a name, and so on..

I've done it 8 times now which gave me this result:
(I like the portrait mode how the last icons only shows the half, which means you know that you can scroll down for more)
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip icons.zip (178.6 KB, 86 views)

Last edited by HtheB; 2011-12-19 at 02:17.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:

Tags
folders, organise