Active Topics

Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
i didnt say it, but a hardware keyboard is so handy when driving. VKBs require too much focus and error prone. i been considering the E7 after getting the N9, but evrytime i watch a youtube video of symbian web browsing, i run and have circular thoughts of owning tha n950
off to youtube to see if someone posted some belle videos on e7.
The E7 is a wonderful phone on Belle, although I can't see who in their right mind would choose the stock browser over Opera Mini or Opera Mobile which I think take some beating.

The E7 is my second favourite phone after the N9, and I couldn't get rid of mine, especially since Belle.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal - Angola - Congo RD - United States
nokia screw big time...

I had Nokia N900
and it's hard to leave one phone to another specially when the OS changes..
I learn that Maemo is maemo and Symbian is Symbian..
do not compare phones with diferent OS of the same brand!
when I got the N8 to replace my N900..i was so happy in the begginig because of the HDMI port and 12MP.. but later found out with the lack of keyboard that it wasnt as good and responsive that the previous one.. decided to get the E7 mostly because of the keyboard..a must have.. thinking that it would take me back to the n900 even thought had diferent OS.. but it wasn't that close! Even with Anna and Belle...

all this put me to a place that I didn't understand why to have a 12mp phone you can't have a keyboard.... why with a keyboard you can't have FMtransmissor or a 12MP.. all this was soo stupid!!
NOKIA WAS DOING TOO MUCH CRAZY THINGS..

It was better to change their strategy;
buying a phone should be like this:
Choose camera MP: 5, 8, 12...
Choose OS: ... Symbian ... Maemo...WP
Choose Memory: 16..32..64..gb
keyboard: Y / N
and soo on..
a few basic hardware characteristic you could choose on a phone that you gona be willing to pay $499-699 usd because it's yours.. it's what you want, what you built!
i think it would had be a good move... at least buyers like us who love nokia phones.. would always continue to have nokia phones and happy with what we get...

now look today with symbian out and maemo out.. we are willing to buy those ultra expensive phones because they are unique.. it's not even what we dream of.. it's just the closest to what we wished for.

The Following User Says Thank You to ShinAkuma For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by unfuccwittable View Post
the n9 needs the n8's camera, better video playback to even be considered a flagship.
N9 needs just better software for cam, specially for automatic settings ... and better decoders for video playback ... that's all - hardware is OK, but software is still unmatured and unoptimized ... let's hope that we can see the such improvements in PR 1.2 and more in PR 1.3 ...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jaripi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
I don't think so.

Posts: 1,237 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
thread name should be "nokia should wake up and fire Elop". believe it or not as long as Elop is CEO, Symbian and MeeGo will be considered as dead OS's by Nokia. There are even rumors that Nokia will make only one device i.e N8 successor after that NO SYMBIAN DEVICES. i really pray that Nokia should wake up soon before its too late.

Have you people read the article in which one Nokia exec says that there is no plan B. If WP fails then Nokia also will fail.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ENNINE View Post
Who should be dead? MeeGo or Elop?
I'm sure it is against the forum rules to make this choice. And I don't want to get banned.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
The N9 is a mass-market phone that was sold overpriced to fleece those that liked it. Unfortunately, any money Nokia made on the N9 is going into WP7, not follow-ups to the N9. Nokia is as over to me today as it was June 1st 2011 before it had shown the N9, "frankly my dear I don't give a damn"; they just need to support the N9 while the law requires them to do, which is two years in Europe.

The Following User Says Thank You to tigas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by tigas View Post
...they just need to support the N9 while the law requires them to do, which is two years in Europe.
Pardon my naivety, which law r we talking about?

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
i didnt say it, but a hardware keyboard is so handy when driving.
When you're driving that is what you should be doing - not creating potential accidents by fiddling with your phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post: