Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
ooooh cool, show me the sources, BS, u just too much says dude, LOL

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=4037

and LG didnt lost that much money to produce it?, nokia doing some riset before they launch it, but why with old chipset then, dont get blinded by nokia name, i talk about the hardware,
Yes, hardware. Open up your brain, and learn that Nokia spent billions in MeeGo R&D, N9 design R&D, camera technology R&D, etc. Also, better screen technology, BT 4.0, better camera module, NFC, etc, are all hardware and increase cost. MeeGo has been in development for a long time and OMAP 3 was the base, i.e. getting all the code right on that SoC.

BTW, what is your issue with OMAP 3? It's not like MeeGo is as demanding and crappily programmed as Android. Is it smooth? Is it innovative? Is it unique? The answer to all the above is YES, so either STFU or GTFO.

Only N9 drawback is a dirtbag that is refered to by the name of Elop.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
N9 has the same spec with LG optimus black,

and the price is overrated(N9)
U pay a premium for design, looks & built too...
LG Optimus to Nokia N9 >>> nahhhhhh

The Following User Says Thank You to qorax For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by qorax View Post
U pay a premium for design, looks & built too...
LG Optimus to Nokia N9 >>> nahhhhhh
I second that. Look at all those fruit devices, "form over function" -> has a premium.

Btw: Good luck with the cheapskate build"quality" of either LG or Sumsang, err, Samsung.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
I second that. Look at all those fruit devices, "form over function" -> has a premium.

Btw: Good luck with the cheapskate build"quality" of either LG or Sumsang, err, Samsung.
N9 with a dual core on the spec sheet (even if an OMAP 3) and Nokia's support would be the Second Coming.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
u dont need to say STFU, this is community, not the place to make an enemy of each other, btw i accept ur reason, doesnt it sound better now? get a life dude, be relax, or maybe u a nokia owner? LOL

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
and as far as i know, now samsung developing tizen, i dont care about brand name, i just want maemo

and dont blame urself if someday you attracted by sumsang, errrg samsung, they have latest chipset on their product, cheers

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
I dunno... while ICS is an improvement over gingerbread, putting ICS on the N9 is like putting cigarette ashes in holy water. Putting maemo on Galaxy Note is another story!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
...The answer to all the above is YES, so either STFU or GTFO.
u dont need to say STFU, this is community, not the place to make an enemy of each other, btw i accept ur reason, doesnt it sound better now? get a life dude, be relax, or maybe u a nokia owner? LOL
Yes, agreed.
Such words from patlak were uncalled for... we may rip each other off argumentatively, but to go beyond our tethers - is definitely in bad taste. We should maintain decency in whatever we do, wherever, www or otherwise.

Qorax

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qorax For This Useful Post:
Big advantage that N9 hardware has compared to most Android phones: 1GB RAM.
If linux likes anything, it's having more RAM. And by likes, I mean, can use properly and have the user feel the difference.

What the N9 doesn't have, compared to recent top phones, is a recent super-GHz dual core CPU.
With the current OS it doesn't seem to need it, but with android it will fall short of phones like SGS2 and such.

It's certainly cool just for the heck of it, but I wouldn't want an N9 with android. I would want an N9/Harmattan device with all Android apps, but if that comes at a performance penalty, then I'd rather not.

BTW on apps, apart from vncviewer (presencevnc doesn't work for me atm), there's nothing I miss on the N9 that I have on my android phone.
And every time I take my android phone to hand, I miss Harmattan...

BTW my now favourite app on N9: marble touch. It will come to android, but for now it's not there, and it's gorgeous even in it's present (very young) incarnation (well, inbinarification, really, and if that isn't a word it is now and I coined it).

Lastly, on hardware comparisons: half the info is missing to make a good comparison, what is know on the RAM interface speed? What is known on the flash speed? Very important when opening apps. How long is battery lifetime when doing certain tasks?
For sure my android phone's battery lasts longer with the N9 close by, but that's not really what I meant...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aRTee For This Useful Post:
My apologies. It's just that your persistent ignorance annoys me. I, and many others, have given you reasons why it costs as much and why OMAP 3 is more than sufficient and yet, you are going with your head through the wall, just like trisha02. Optimus Black has a 3630, but it's crap in every other department compared to N9.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post: