Notices

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
nice job. trying now

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by alephito View Post
Hi.

I have Instant sync set.

My pictures taken while I am offline are never sent to my DropBox. Is there anything I should do?
After waiting a couple of hours, I took a couple of pictures. They were sent to my DropBox account. But those ones taken while I was offline, were not.

The Following User Says Thank You to alephito For This Useful Post:
Posts: 108 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Dresden - Germany
After waiting a couple of hours, I took a couple of pictures. They were sent to my DropBox account. But those ones taken while I was offline, were not.
Hmm not sure what the problem is, normaly it should upload/try to upload pictures after 20 mins. again, as many times as it need to be uploaded.

Also, after a reboot of your N9 - it's checking on next FotoShareN9 start again, if there are some pictures, which not uploaded so far. I'll investigate it a bit. Some one else with these problems?

Thanks, AlphaX2

I rebooted my N9 and the missing photos are still missing.

Thanks for investigating this issue. It is a very useful application.

The Following User Says Thank You to alephito For This Useful Post:
I rebooted my N9 and the missing photos are still missing.

Thanks for investigating this issue. It is a very useful application.
Very interesting, but I can't reproduce this problem. On latest version (you get an early version here) it works perfect. Maybe you switch of your internet connection, open xterm and type:

Code:
python /opt/FotoShareN9/fotoshare_service
Now take a photo: XTerm should print something about offline_handler and setting the timer to 20 min. than switch your connection and 20 mins. later have a look what xterm printing, copy it and paste it here!

Attention on the normal app you have to allow daemon on startup, otherwise you can't start it from XTerm!

Thanks in advance.

AlphaX2

AlphaX2:

I did what you suggested and the initial test worked out well, except for a couple of photos that were uploaded twice.

Then, I closed xterm and went out. I took 4 pictures. The first two were uploaded using 2G, but in my setting I have only wifi.

Then, when I was again connected with wifi, the last picture was uploaded. The third was not.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Great! Any plan for webdav support (used by owncloud as one example)?

Is this integrated as a shareui plugin?

AlphaX2:

I did what you suggested and the initial test worked out well, except for a couple of photos that were uploaded twice.

Then, I closed xterm and went out. I took 4 pictures. The first two were uploaded using 2G, but in my setting I have only wifi.

Then, when I was again connected with wifi, the last picture was uploaded. The third was not.
Strange! Are you using magic!? Maybe you'll post the XTerm output? So it could be possible that I understand what's wrong and can fix it!

Also you could try to do the following:

1. uninstall FotoShareN9
2. do this in XTerm:
Code:
rm /home/user/.config/fotoshare.cfg
rm /home/user/.config/fotoshare_offline.sav
rm /opt/FotoShareN9/*
3. reinstall it

Maybe this will help because, so you really kick everything and make a total fresh install. If FotoShareN9 passed Nokia Store QA, you can also give this version a try, cause it's newer and a bunch of bugs are killed.

Thanks. AlphaX2

The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaX2 For This Useful Post:
I did it and reinstalled the version I downloaded from the first post because I could not find it in Ovi Store. Now when I open it, it crashes.

What can I do?

Should I wait until it is available in the store?

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Usually reject mail tells the reason, maybe share the reject reason in here, and what .deb package did post in there, I might be able to test it on my older pr release devices?
Thank you very much! Here is the e-mail:

Comments from the QA team:
Failed QA
SUMMARY: The application does not work as expected
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Download and install the application.
2. Launch the application
3. Adjust the settings for the application
4. Tap on Server Settings Button and setup the account (Dropbox) and test connection
ACTUAL RESULT: After set the application settings there are not uploaded files on the server configured, there’s no notification of upload even if the option is enabled.
EXPECTED RESULT: Features and controls in the content file must function as specified.
AFFECTED DEVICES: Nokia N9 FW 20.2011.40-4_PR_001
FREQUENCY REPRODUCED: 100%.

NOTE: The application collects Personal Data, but does not include a Privacy Policy. For applications that collect Personal Data, a Privacy Policy must be included either embedded in the application, or must contain a link to a website with the Privacy Policy.
(public, Qa in progress -> Qa failed)

The file failed QA on the following target(s):

* Device: MeeGo - 854x480 - Nokia N9

Please address the issues and resubmit your application or media for reassessment.

NOTE: The problems encountered may affect several targets in the distribution list and they must be corrected for ALL instances.
EDIT:
When I read the mail a second time, I was not sure about, that they understand how to use it. Just start and configure your settings, activate FotoShareN9 on main page - close it and take photos with your camera application. Now they should upload.

If you get also problems, you can try it via XTerm:
Code:
python /opt/FotoShareN9/fotoshare_service
You must allow startup on boot (on GUI), otherwise the daemon will stop itself. But maybe the Terminal output can tell me/us what the problem is!

The latest version:
https://www.hidrive.strato.com/lnk/mKRLGkq3

Thanks again!

AlphaX2

Last edited by AlphaX2; 2012-06-12 at 09:48.