Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Nokia will compete in low end and WP will power low end devices pretty soon. its all going according to plans. you got to give Elop 3 years to turn around Nokia mess. that is a normal time to make a significant turnaround like Nokia.

lets face it: nokia is not a competitive software company. there is no way that Qt would have worked the way you guys think. there is no such thing as painless and seamless integration of different platforms.

the only good lead nokia had was marmo 5. they had many years to develop it and they came out with a downgrade: n9. this tells you how bad their software engineering was

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Luckely for us. Stocks dont care for any of that, so please keep that in another thread.
Yes they do, strategy and viability of products are relevant to the market value of a company.

In February 2011 when Elop announced NOKIA's shift to WP7 the share price instantly dropped, the market didn't have faith in the new strategy and that was immediately reflected in the share price.

NOKIA's current value is pretty much the value of their IPR and nothing else, the market is still not convinced of NOKIA's chances of climbing out of the hole it's dug itself into.

This isn't going to be a very interesting thread if all you can post is the current share price.

Perhaps you should start a preview thread where everybody posts any comment they are considering adding to another thread so you can give it your approval beforehand. I'm sure everyone would comply, it's obvious you're by far the cleverest and most important person here.

As for me I wont tell you what your opinions should be or where you should express them, I'll even happily leave it to you to decide whether or not they're really pertinent.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Sure you can post whatever you like, you can follow my adivice or ignore it. Its just that the thing you point out have been pointed out at least 100 times in the other stock thread. And I think we all agree on the obvious point that you and everyine who has posted the same thing.

We dont know how this all would have played out without elop and continue with sumbian and meego. Might been worse. Nobody knows.
And no point keeping *****ing about it. Cant turn back time.

My take on this is not that market share drives the stock price atm, neither the sales. Its expectation and buissniss as usual that drivs nokia stock atm.

You should constantly analyze the stock and market. But no point crying a out old decictions. They are already made.

I think I should approve all post from now on.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-08-11 at 14:33.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
lets face it: nokia is not a competitive software company. there is no way that Qt would have worked the way you guys think. there is no such thing as painless and seamless integration of different platforms.
Tell us about your experience, what platforms did you develop for and what problems did you encounter with your Qt applications?

An interesting article

"Not only is Nokia losing money with a negative profit margin of 12.77%, but it could run out of cash in 2013.

The debt-to-equity ratio of 0.58 is way too high for a company that is losing money, or making any, for that matter.

On a quarterly basis, sales growth is down by 18.68%.

Over the same period, earnings-per-share growth is lower by 283.06%.

The only indicator that is increasing sharply is the short float for Nokia Corporation, now the second largest on the New York Stock Exchange at 202,751,180 shares, a 22.4% jump from July 13 to July 31, the most recent reporting period.
"

Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
An interesting article

"Not only is Nokia losing money with a negative profit margin of 12.77%, but it could run out of cash in 2013.

The debt-to-equity ratio of 0.58 is way too high for a company that is losing money, or making any, for that matter.

On a quarterly basis, sales growth is down by 18.68%.

Over the same period, earnings-per-share growth is lower by 283.06%.

The only indicator that is increasing sharply is the short float for Nokia Corporation, now the second largest on the New York Stock Exchange at 202,751,180 shares, a 22.4% jump from July 13 to July 31, the most recent reporting period.
"
FUD! Please explain in detail how Nokia is even remotely close to run out of cash in 2013. This is just nonsense from someone with an agenda. Someone who can't do simple math.

Take a closer look at HTC. Stocks have dropped more than 80% the last 3 Q. They will run out of cash as well, because they have no (in comparison to Nokia). This shows what Android does to business in the long run. Within 1 year Samsung will be in the same situation wrt their Android phones due to ZTE and Huawei.

The situation is WP or nothing for all non-Chinese companies. That is the reality Nokia is facing and the others are ignoring.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
the only good lead nokia had was marmo 5. they had many years to develop it and they came out with a downgrade: n9. this tells you how bad their software engineering was
Nonsense. The only truely bad thing about N9 is that it was scrapped in favor of WP.

Originally Posted by specc View Post
FUD! Please explain in detail how Nokia is even remotely close to run out of cash in 2013. This is just nonsense from someone with an agenda. Someone who can't do simple math.

Take a closer look at HTC. Stocks have dropped more than 80% the last 3 Q. They will run out of cash as well, because they have no (in comparison to Nokia). This shows what Android does to business in the long run. Within 1 year Samsung will be in the same situation wrt their Android phones due to ZTE and Huawei.

The situation is WP or nothing for all non-Chinese companies. That is the reality Nokia is facing and the others are ignoring.
Following your logic, it would therefore seem beneficial for a phone maker to have their own OS.. Huawei and ZTE could easily use Windows Phone too...where would that leave Nokia? In big trouble

Maybe, just maybe that's why Samsung is investing in Tizen, so they have something to differentiate themselves from the others. Unfortunately Elop ruined any possible differentiation Nokia had

Originally Posted by Dared View Post
Following your logic, it would therefore seem beneficial for a phone maker to have their own OS..
Of course it is. Regarding smartphones though, only Apple has been able to do it successfully with a competitive OS and HW in the last 5 years. Nokia did not.

Huawei and ZTE could easily use Windows Phone too...where would that leave Nokia? In big trouble
Wrong. WP raises the commercial bar. Android lowers it. The effect is with Android you have eventually to compete with price only. With WP you can compete with technology and innovation.

It's not just one person with an agenda. NOKIA finished Q2 2012 with EUR 4.2 billion in cash, Morgan Stanley projected that would be down to EUR 2.5 billion by the end of Q4. Fitch also downgraded NOKIA's debt rating because of their projected cash burn.

NOKIA has reducing margins as well as reducing sales. The damage done to their Symbian range is irreparable and Lumia sales are nowhere near picking up at the same rate Symbian is dropping off.

We now know the feature phone division is likely to stagnate at a time it's already coming under pressure from budget Android devices. There's now going to be no Meltemi, no Qt. What exciting advances can we realistically expect to see in J2ME devices?

NOKIA are already making losses. Reducing sales, shrinking margins and stagnating products will all just accelerate the losses and the cash burn.

Take a closer look at HTC. Stocks have dropped more than 80% the last 3 Q. They will run out of cash as well, because they have no (in comparison to Nokia).
You do understand there is a correlation between making profits and generating cash right? I'm not saying HTC's current position is as they'd like it but at least they're still profitable. Samsung are currently eating most of their lunch but they do have the chance to regroup and come again.

This shows what Android does to business in the long run. Within 1 year Samsung will be in the same situation wrt their Android phones due to ZTE and Huawei.
That's nothing but pure baseless speculation on your part.

If you hadn't noticed many are all already offering WP7 phones, including ZTE and Huawei.

No other company was daft enough to put all their eggs in that particular basket though. Just as well as so far WP has proved to be a universal flop.

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha