Originally Posted by Naamakauhu View Post
I had quite a bunch: asphalt 8, despicable me (I believe thats the minion rush), the mansion: a puzzle remains, ducktales: scrooges loot, redline rush. These atleast and I didn't get even one of them to work for some reason. As soon as I started them they just close themselves or report an error "application has to close etc."

Angry birds, fruit ninja and drag racing do work so I am kind of confused as to why?

ok edited

I uninstalled the 1mobile appstore and switched to amazon, so far CSR racing game and minion rush works, so it might have something to do with the 1mobile appstore. Have to uninstall whatsapp and download it again from amazon to see if it works fully that way. So if anyone else is having problems with android games or apps not working, try downloading it from a different store. Don't know how thats any different, one would think its the same apk. file but guess not.
Amazon have not only review process but also submission costs a bit more, so better quality apps are to be expected (no single button fart apps from play, 85k vs 1 mil tells quite a lot about percentage of worthwhile apps)

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Has this already been mentioned? Have to try this tomorrow morning. Just because with this OS you can

This is Play store enabling for Jolla

http://jollafin.blogspot.fi/2013/11/...jolla.html?m=1

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Here are some good open source Android apps I've installed from the F-Droid app store.

K-9 Mail: Simple setup, works with IMAP, POP3 and Exchange 2003/2007 (with WebDAV) accounts.
RedReader: A really good Reddit client
AntennaPod: In the absence of Gpodder thus far, I've found a podcast client that searches the gpodder.net directory and accepts opml imports of your existing subscriptions.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 268 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Tip: If you issue halt from terminal and have trouble starting the phone:
  1. take the battery out
  2. wait a moment
  3. put the phone back together
  4. press the power button

Last edited by Tsippaduida; 2013-12-06 at 17:22. Reason: bolded command

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tsippaduida For This Useful Post:
Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Tsippaduida View Post
Tip: If you issue halt from terminal and have trouble starting the phone:
  1. take the battery out
  2. wait a moment
  3. put the phone back together
  4. press the power button
IIRC the preferred commands with systemd are "poweroff" and "reboot". The "halt" command is basically useless.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

The Following User Says Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 268 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
You are correct. Halt is useless as it shuts everything down in Jolla. The phone plays brick until you give some air to the battery. It might be of some use for e.g. hardware development if the low level functions have to be shut down,

By the way, poweroff says "Must be root", but works anyway. Reboot just works, phone asks pin code and locking code on start-up (if you have them).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tsippaduida For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Oulu, Finland
Would this be a good thread for reviews and conversation about accessories for Jolla, or should there be another thread for accessories? Like which headphones work with the phone and what kind of pouch it would fit.

The Following User Says Thank You to hana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Tip: I found that the screen protector for Nokia Lumia 1020 (made by panzer if it matters) has a perfect width for Jolla device, height needs a little DIY clipping to avoid it being over the camera & speaker (don't know if it even matters but I still clipped), and it doesn't cover the whole bezel on the whole screen height, 2mm from both to upper and lower bezel are left uncovered, an area that at least doesn't irritate me at all.

Strange that the URL address found on the package doesn't work...
EDIT: Oh, the link needs www to work. Thanks Stskeeps.

PS: @ hana, strictly speaking, all software-related discussion of Jolla phone's software belongs in SailfishOS subforum and all discussion directly related to the phone itself (like hardware extensions, accessories, etc) belongs here. Maybe even this thread. Not that I mind them both on being bundled in this thread, but it might prove to be problematic in the future when this thread gets more posts... Also this should be looked at in case by case basis, sometimes Hw & Sw sections of the topic are so much overlapping it'd be unpractical the separate the two aspects in their own topic.

Last edited by Thoke; 2013-12-11 at 20:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
Strange that the URL address found on the package doesn't work...
Which URL?

The Following User Says Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Corrected now when you mentioned it :P

PS: In a case you weren't indirectly hinting that the url I typed as the link was incorrect, the url is www.panzer.me

Last edited by Thoke; 2013-12-11 at 19:26.