Active Topics

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
This TOH looks awesome!

Pre-ordered and paid for already
How long is the turnaround time for these, as I understand they're not quite ready? Any ETA you can give?

Thanks!

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
DAMN IT

casing is in, but doesn't fit, looks like it is scaled or so... will try to redesign and order another test casing today.

Started over from scratch on casing design, shipment expected to arrive here NOV20, if that one is good I can ship other orders first half of December.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Nice but wouldn't a simple break-out of those 5 pins without any pcb be enough? I was thinking simple 90° connectors to the sides or some micro-molex plug.

edit: ah there is a level converter on the pcb - well then with pcb but still why have the breadboard and the connectors standing up (I have enough breadboards and I doubt I need it otg)?

Last edited by chemist; 2014-11-11 at 13:45.

Originally Posted by chemist View Post
edit: ah there is a level converter on the pcb - well then with pcb but still why have the breadboard and the connectors standing up (I have enough breadboards and I doubt I need it otg)?
Then you have just the MyHalf. This concept has the same functionality, but then also otg. Whatever you prefer

New casing is in, fits better and components snugly fit in there.

PCB could be better with slightly bigger pads, so will probably order new ones tomorrow. Also casing is good, so will order that also.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
I think I preferred the big lump, this one looks a bit more ad hoc. But I'm sure it'll be fine. I trust your judgement.

That kinda almost looks like the blank OH from Jolla, but with a breadboard attached. Much more uniform.

final casing, put some extruded text onto it matching the pin configuration and ordered 50

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
im so damn excited lol

Tags
a cala-breeze!