Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Or, just not file a bug and wait for someone else to file it. Worst that could happen is I wait for a very long time with no fix for my bug.

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
With the SSU Modest is now getting stuck retrieving new mail. I now no longer get ANY notification of new mail and have to killall modest just to get the UI to show new mail.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
With the SSU Modest is now getting stuck retrieving new mail. I now no longer get ANY notification of new mail and have to killall modest just to get the UI to show new mail.
I had to "killall modest" probably two to eight times a day due to this problem before the SSU, and the SSU appears to have made it worse. This might be bug # 3357, but I don't see Modest eating up 100% of the CPU.

Additionally, since the SSU, Modest frequently finds problems with my GMail username/password. I'm not sure what's tripping it up there.

The lack of internal error dialog boxes is nice though.

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
I had to "killall modest" probably two to eight times a day due to this problem before the SSU, and the SSU appears to have made it worse. This might be bug # 3357, but I don't see Modest eating up 100% of the CPU.
A reboot later and everything appears ok for the moment. Emails are not getting marked read, but at least notifications appear to be working for the moment.

Additionally, since the SSU, Modest frequently finds problems with my GMail username/password. I'm not sure what's tripping it up there.
That is almost always a problem on the server side... but that could have changed.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I was getting that a lot in the last few weeks. Interestingly, my Chinook Modest didn't have those problems, just my Diablo one.

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
I had the same problem a couple of times last week, and in all these cases Gmail site was down.

Last edited by alephito; 2008-08-12 at 18:09.

Does anybody know how to set up an email signature for outgoing messages?

Such as:

--
myemail@signature.com

Possible?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by kasimir View Post
Does anybody know how to set up an email signature for outgoing messages?

Such as:

--
myemail@signature.com

Possible?
first tab of the account dialog hides a signature edit button, but you have to scroll down t find it...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Thanks a million, I never saw the scroll bar!

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
there is a reason why i use echowb as my theme of choice

but yes, a white scrollbar, especially the default small one, on a mostly white dialog window is just weird.

especially as there would be room on screen for the whole dialog window, and you cant interact with the stuff under it while its open anyways...

Tags
mail modest