Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by jtmstr View Post
Isn't that actually the problem!? I mean that nokia isn't able to make device that mass market want's to buy and that's why developers doesn't even bother write apps for it.
repeating it doesn't make it true. nokia makes the smartphones the mass market wants these days. 4 out of 10 smartphones are symbian. apple, which you mention in your post, isn't even close to the half of this number.

so it's nokia who makes devices for the mass market, not anyone else. the others may shout louder because they have less to say, but these are the sales figures.

the n900, though, was not meant for the mass market. it already became much more "mass market" than nokie wanted it to become. it attracted consumers like you, which it shouldn't have. that was a mistake probably. the issue with the n900 isn't that they sell too few units. they sell too many. and to the wrong people.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Mexico
where are you going, am i gonna be complaining here alone??

well you friend developer can think ahead

the idea of maemo 5 with qt4.6 is to create a base for what comes next from nokia.

the community is already doing its work every single app done in qt 4.6 is going to work in meego and symbian^3

so if nokia only sold 500k units you have 500k eager beta testers that are even willing to pay for apps just to test you can program in Qt 4.6 so when the real mass production mass selling devices using Qt 4.6 comes to market you as developer will have some polished apps to offer to the new comers

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Guys what if we write an open letter to Nokia as a united community? There are many users here , if we do it in an organized way maybe Nokia would listen to us?

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following User Says Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
im with u man

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Originally Posted by badstraw View Post
im with you man, ill get my flight ticket today..at least they should give us an explanation instead of f***ng playing with us
for real lets do it.nokia pay our tickets i bring some sticks for the case that the police comes....

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

hey we can make a letter to send it to nokia, then we all should press the thanks button to let them know that we agree to that letter, and then we can send the link via twitter

Originally Posted by leviathan18 View Post
i want an app for my car, g force, acceleration, 1/4 mile, hp, torque, and with downloadable maps of tracks around the world to have splits times.

i want some quality 3D and 2D games.

i want ovi maps working as it should.
Your first request is pretty damn niche market man. I doubt you could find a handful of people here that want that kind of thing. Hell even with the iphone user base I doubt you could find that many.

The fantastic thing is of course that if its that important to you you can write it yourself. Then share it with the community and listen to everyone whine and moan about it.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by badstraw View Post
hey we can make a letter to send it to nokia, then we all should press the thanks button to let them know that we agree to that letter, and then we can send the link via twitter
not via twitter , we can dig and find CEO's email and cc it to vice president and PR

We need volunteers , unfortunately my lack of English wont allow me to do that. We need someone to do it. It should be a very well written email with polite and strong facts demanding proper support for N900. Neglect that we face should be addressed

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Originally Posted by atilla View Post
for real lets do it.nokia pay our tickets i bring some sticks for the case that the police comes....
I hate to ruin your internet tough guy dream. But with the new ecrimes laws being passed, what you just typed there could be construed as a threat and could be acted upon accordingly.

Internet kiddies need to realise that just because you use the internet doesn't make you immune.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900