Notices

best thing for the n900 would be a full working port to android ,not even 400 downloads ,in 6 months (most of them are only themes or walpapers )

this phone still retails in phone shops for £429
but soon it will be extinct ,it already seems dated

The Following User Says Thank You to hollow For This Useful Post:
Okay, Iphone 4 and HTC may have been introduced a yr after the n900, but the n900 and n8 still remains the best tech nokia has to offer and in terms of that, nokia is still far behind. And yes apple sucks dark stinky holes, but you have to admit, they know exactly how to market their devices. I mean just about every advertisment and movie i see today has that abominable iphone shown in em.

Although Nokia isn't necessarily bankrupt, it sure seems like they're heading down that path with their lack of support for all things sensible, namely flash and big name company support.

I admit that I'm raging but I just couldn't help it, it does seems that with all the things they refuse to do, like provide flash support, enable ovi store support, and such, not to mention that they are ditching symbian. Being bankrupt or short on money was the only sensible thing I could see as being nokia's problem. It's either that or they hired paul the octopus to make all their recent decisions in the market.

Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
I mean even the best technology they have to offer (n900) seems yrs behind in terms of technology when compared to the HTC and iphone 4.
Damn, it seems like the the N900 was released a year ago ...oh wait, it WAS released a year ago .

Seriously, comparing a phone released a year ago with a phone released not-so-long-ago is just silly. Bue yeah, Nokia's phones after the omap2420 phones were mediocre, or "just good enough" at most. specially compared to the N95. Juat look at the N96 and the INNOV8, the INNOV8 would eat the N96 specs-wise. LOL, even the N95 would kick it's battery cover.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
Okay, Iphone 4 and HTC may have been introduced a yr after the n900, but the n900 and n8 still remains the best tech nokia has to offer and in terms of that, nokia is still far behind. And yes apple sucks dark stinky holes, but you have to admit, they know exactly how to market their devices. I mean just about every advertisment and movie i see today has that abominable iphone shown in em.
I dont want to bash or abuse Apple, they have obiviously created great brand and great products when people go nuts to get them and Apple makes such huge profit. There is some serious homework to do for every other cellphone/netbook/computer manufacturer.

What I was saying was that iPhone and N900 are fundamentally very different devices for different people. It is also understandable that there is more apps for Iphone than N900 because:

- There is much larger amount of iPhones out there
- Users are willing to pay for the apps (because they can get them only from Apple store/they obiviously are willing to spend some money when getting such an expensive phone with operator lock)

If it was cheap to port apps for Maemo/Meego app developer could live with smaller customer base and we would get more apps in the future. But is it so, that is what I'm curious about.

The Following User Says Thank You to zimmerit For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zimmerit View Post
I dont want to bash or abuse Apple, they have obiviously created great brand and great products when people go nuts to get them and Apple makes such huge profit. There is some serious homework to do for every other cellphone/netbook/computer manufacturer.

What I was saying was that iPhone and N900 are fundamentally very different devices for different people. It is also understandable that there is more apps for Iphone than N900 because:

- There is much larger amount of iPhones out there
- Users are willing to pay for the apps (because they can get them only from Apple store/they obiviously are willing to spend some money when getting such an expensive phone with operator lock)

If it was cheap to port apps for Maemo/Meego app developer could live with smaller customer base and we would get more apps in the future. But is it so, that is what I'm curious about.
Well I didn't mean to offend you, >_> it's a petty peeve I have i simply don't like apple "iphones" (as i have a vast amount of reasons for that, being the tech geek I am), I don't have a problem with any of their other products as they tend to generally make good products...just not when it comes to phones...

Why aren't there more apps? Because there are only 1 and half people working on one app at a time.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by akaSM View Post
Damn, it seems like the the N900 was released a year ago ...oh wait, it WAS released a year ago .

Seriously, comparing a phone released a year ago with a phone released not-so-long-ago is just silly. Bue yeah, Nokia's phones after the omap2420 phones were mediocre, or "just good enough" at most. specially compared to the N95. Juat look at the N96 and the INNOV8, the INNOV8 would eat the N96 specs-wise. LOL, even the N95 would kick it's battery cover.
We're not EVEN talking about a one year difference. The N900 was released in October of 2009, making it nine months ago--nearly a year, but a full quarter off. That also places it much closer to things like the Motorola Droid and only 6 months away from the Droid Incredible.

I'm still not sure that any of that is an issue, here. The main problem is the company itself, not so much the excrement of the beast.

if some one wants to make a new app why not make one like swype

used this today on my wifes samsung galaxy s ,best text app ever so easy to use and very reliable makes texting even faster than before

an app like that would be very useful and convenient

The Following User Says Thank You to hollow For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by hollow View Post
if some one wants to make a new app why not make one like swype

used this today on my wifes samsung galaxy s ,best text app ever so easy to use and very reliable makes texting even faster than before

an app like that would be very useful and convenient
Excellent suggestion! But, I'm not sure there's a shortage of suggestions for apps. ...now back to the topic: Why aren't there more apps? :P

cause there's not much profit?.....donations doesn't really make up for the effort?...

Tags
applications, apps, fart apps, free apps, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, more apps, ovi, ovi store, pay apps, software