Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Version 0.6.4 was submitted to QA at OVI Store yesterday.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Awesome! Can't wait.
Is it possible to use same map source as Mapsi is using (Paikkatietoikkuna WMS)?
Check config here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=122
Mapsi is great but smoothness of CloudGPS is something unique

From the first glimpse those maps are completely different thing compared to OSM or Google. It is not supported now but I will look into it and try to add support in future releases.

Do we have a link to Mapsi source code?

Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
Do we have a link to Mapsi source code?
I asked orava and he said that Mapsi source code is not open but he's working on some other maps application which will be open source. His initial comment was that it may require a lot of work for cloudGPS to support different style of map tiles that mapsi is utilizing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaykie For This Useful Post:
Version 0.6.4 is available in OVI Store: http://store.ovi.com/content/222534

Version 0.6.4 for N900 uploaded to extras-devel. This release will not be promoted to extras - its a development release and it introduces performance and stability problems.

On my N900 pure map panning is 45-50 fps, map zooming is 54 fps, onscreen menus are 35 fps and onscreen keyboard is 37fps. All those numbers are 60 on N950 with only a little frames dropped on CPU heavy moments - mostly unnoticeable and overall smooth. I will try to make it work smoother for N900 too in next release.

Also note that search textbox does not work in landscape mode. It works in portrait with new onscreen keyboard. Changing search/route service in Options can lead to application crash - still hunting that bug.

All GPS related code is now QtLocation based instead of liblocation from Maemo 5. Please provide feedback if that transition introduced any issues with GPS on N900. The same goes for accelerometer.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
Version 0.6.4 for N900 uploaded to extras-devel. This release will not be promoted to extras - its a development release and it introduces performance and stability problems.

On my N900 pure map panning is 45-50 fps, map zooming is 54 fps, onscreen menus are 35 fps and onscreen keyboard is 37fps. All those numbers are 60 on N950 with only a little frames dropped on CPU heavy moments - mostly unnoticeable and overall smooth. I will try to make it work smoother for N900 too in next release.

Also note that search textbox does not work in landscape mode. It works in portrait with new onscreen keyboard. Changing search/route service in Options can lead to application crash - still hunting that bug.

All GPS related code is now QtLocation based instead of liblocation from Maemo 5. Please provide feedback if that transition introduced any issues with GPS on N900. The same goes for accelerometer.
Beautiful designed app. The portrait keyboard on the N900 is also very welcome.

However, I notice that zooming in after a search results end up rather out of scope of the actual location (and the location itself is also a bit shifted). Can't remember I experienced that in older versions, but I could be mistaken.

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
ui is not yet optimized for the meego harmatta. am i right

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
On my n900 CloudGPS does not start the gps. From CLI it reports that "GPS satellite info source initialised" but it does not run.

If I start the gps with say gpsjinni then Cloud still does not receive pos info.

tnx

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
I see on the FAQ that it can use modrana to download tiles. Can I use the db-storage based modrana tiles to here? thanks!

Tags
best gps app