Active Topics

Notices

Hi all, i recently installed unrestricted system-ui so I can get battery percentage and i am really loving it, but one question, the status bar area at top of the lock screen doesn't show battery percentage, only once it's swiped away does the percentage appear, is there a way to show percentage on lock screen status bar area too?

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver,Canada / Dubai,UAE
Hi there ...how do i get battery percentage ?

I have unrestricted system ui installed but there is no battery percentage yet..if anyone knows how i get the battery percentage in the status bar please help..cheers

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by SR90 View Post
Hi there ...how do i get battery percentage ?

I have unrestricted system ui installed but there is no battery percentage yet..if anyone knows how i get the battery percentage in the status bar please help..cheers
http://wiki.maemo.org/Unrestricted-system-ui

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver,Canada / Dubai,UAE
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
http://wiki.maemo.org/Unrestricted-system-ui
I have already gone through those steps on wiki ..I have inception installed but still don't get the battery percentage ...I have status menu extension installed ..does it conflict with that app ?

Originally Posted by SR90 View Post
I have already gone through those steps on wiki ..I have inception installed but still don't get the battery percentage ...I have status menu extension installed ..does it conflict with that app ?
Enabling battery percentage in status area

To enable battery percentage you'll need to set a gconf key:

gconftool-2 -s /desktop/meego/status_area/display_percentage -t bool true

To disable it, replace true with false in the previous command.

have u check carefully in wiki...

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
Enabling battery percentage in status area

To enable battery percentage you'll need to set a gconf key:

gconftool-2 -s /desktop/meego/status_area/display_percentage -t bool true

To disable it, replace true with false in the previous command.
thanks for reply ..I have opened terminal and copied the exact same command but nothing happens ..I have restarted the phone ..but still same as before

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
If you install Tweak T-3 from N9QTweak and install Coderus' unrestricted system-ui you get this behaviour by default...Don't install from the same tweak battery percentage enabler as the icon then gives way...
does not show both for me by default
running T-3-1-1-0 gives icon only (no %)
running T-3-1-1-6 gives % only (as expected)

i had status menu ext installed before, i uninstalled & restored to stock UI before applying sys-ui

tried remove/install of sys-ui multiple times too

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by sid21177 View Post
does not show both for me by default
running T-3-1-1-0 gives icon only (no %)
running T-3-1-1-6 gives % only (as expected)

i had status menu ext installed before, i uninstalled & restored to stock UI before applying sys-ui

tried remove/install of sys-ui multiple times too
Indeed that's what I posted too that its an either/or situation so both can't be enabled at the same time...

There is an old version of unrestricted sys-ui which can do that; its deep in this thread... If I find it I'll post here...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Indeed that's what I posted too that its an either/or situation so both can't be enabled at the same time...

There is an old version of unrestricted sys-ui which can do that; its deep in this thread... If I find it I'll post here...
not reqd. - just wanted a confirmation

also,
the availability icon for my sip account does not toggle at all (i need to long press and open the full menu) - all other toggles work properly - Skype/facebook etc.
any ideas why ??, when i had the status menu extension, the toggle worked perfectly in it

Last edited by sid21177; 2013-01-01 at 16:46.