Active Topics

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
You could remap the buttons. This is one...
That doesn't add it to the power button's menu, like he asked, but yeah... too bad it doesn't allow meta keys.. like "hold down SEARCH and press POWER" to take a screen-shot or to run an app or something.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
How are you planning to do that? I suspect you would need to start with CyanogenMod and then edit the source code for the OS. Are you experienced in programming ROMs?
No experience whatsoever XD

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
You could remap the buttons. This is one...
danramos already answered the problem with that
I wouldn't mind it being with the buttons instead though.

The Following User Says Thank You to garen For This Useful Post:
If you're reading this, you've found page 404... this is ironic.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
CM7 comes with screenshot option under the option when you hold the power button.

On most builds its also activated by Power+Home button, but it depends on the mapping as previously said.
Theres a new guide up on xda on how to cook your own Android roms the easy way, links there somewhere too lazy to search for it myself.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Here is it:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1198035
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Theres a new guide up on xda on how to cook your own Android roms the easy way, links there somewhere too lazy to search for it myself.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I websurfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious website of 'hot chicks galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning,
And my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour.
"'Tis not possible," I muttered, "give me back my cheap hardcore!" -
Quoth the server, "404".

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
****groan****

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snoshrk For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I believe I have found my iPad Penultimate replacement... right here... tentatively named WritePad - there's another app in the Market with that name, it has the smoothest handwriting recognition I've seen so far.

Even picks up when I dot my "I's"

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
I've been long accustomed to stylus+resistive touch screen, but the down side to that has been that you need two hands. One to grip the device stationary and the other to tap accurately with pen.

iPhone and other devices overcame this problem by using capacitive touchscreens, and making everything larger, shinier, and more eye candy ...causing it to become finger-friendly.

But the trouble with that is it traded off the precision factor.
And I was scratching my head 2 years ago wondering if the best of both worlds could be achieved; and the result was the thumb-stylus.

It gives you one-handed operation with the precision of a stylus.
Has anyone here used it?

I want to know if these will be available for capacitive devices; and after some digging I found these:

The iPik from gpik:

And the REVIEW seems to be a NEGATIVE verdict; well it is still in "prototype phase".

And then I found THIS; which looks like a possible solution:

Anyone have any opinions on the matter?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I dunno. Putting cotton 'rings' on the tip of your fingers may look/feel funny to most people.

I've been testing a bunch of different capacitive styli, and I personally think this design is the best one:

It was originated by a prolific japanese manga artist cum stylus-hacker (name escapes me) but the design is copied and mass produced by a Taiwanese stylus manufacturer by the name of Dagi.

ps: I emailed them for quantity discount cause I thought their retail price was too high.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy