Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Take a look at this

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=626593
A little comic relief? :P:

Installing Husband 1.0 Software

Dear Tech Support:

Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed a distinct slow down in overall system performance -- particularly in the flower and jewelry applications, which operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0.

In addition, Husband 1.0 uninstalled many other valuable programs, such as Romance 9.5 and Personal Attention 6.5 and then installed undesirable programs such as NFL 5.0, NBA 3.0, and Golf Clubs 4.1.

Conversation 8.0 no longer runs, and Housecleaning 2.6 simply crashes the system. I've tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems, but to no avail.

What can I do?

Sincerely,

Desperate

Dear Desperate:

First keep in mind, Boyfriend 5.0 is an Entertainment Package, while Husband 1.0 is an Operating System.

Please enter the command: "http: I Thought You Loved Me.html" and try to download Tears 6.2 and don't forget to install the Guilt 3.0 update. If that application works as designed, Husband 1.0 should then automatically run the applications Jewelry 2.0 and Flowers 3.5.

But remember, overuse of the above application can cause Husband 1.0 to default to Grumpy Silence 2.5, Happy Hour 7.0 or Beer 6.1. Beer 6.1 is a very bad program that will download the Snoring Loudly Beta.

Whatever you do, DO NOT install Mother-in-law 1.0 (it runs a virus in the background that will eventually seize control of all your system resources). Also, do not attempt to reinstall the Boyfriend 5.0 program. These are unsupported applications and will crash Husband 1.0.

In summary, Husband 1.0 is a great program, but it does have limited memory and cannot learn new applications quickly. You might consider buying additional software to improve memory and performance. We recommend Food 3.0 and Hot Lingerie 7.7.

Good Luck,

Tech Support

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to IsaacDFP For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Thats it. I have to go and buy another phone tomorrow. Damn, all vendors are against me. Noone creates highend phones with keyboard anymore. I'm almost forced to buy a E7 against my will...but I guess that phone is ok. Wake me up when nokia release another device with keyboard.
How about ripout ****ing android and install meego on this "hwkbd" mobile from SE

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/prod...#view=overview

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
What we sorta know so far or been told:

Dev device
- OMAP3 1GHz Cortex A8 (similar to Samsung GS1)
- 4" WVGA screen
- HW keyboard
- 12MP camera module (same as N8
- 32/64GB Storage

Consumer device
- Single core cpu according to K123 (so OMAP3 still?)
- 4" qHD CBD
- no hw keyboard
- 8MP camera module
- 32/64GB Storage

Okay. to me, dev device has BETTER specs. What gives?

There's something else very 'special' about the consumer device i'm sure. Besides it being thin, people have hinted there is something diffferent about it not seen in anything out there currently.

Thats what gives..I think. Plus I am sure Elop&party would focus on showing why Meego is in the future 'disruptions' part and the 1st Harmattan device should have something unique.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zfarooq For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post
I don't understand why you didn't think of that any earlier :P
****it im not convincing anyone but ill carry this flag till im wrong, and i have no problem being wrong. none. however i dont go chasing ideas that come from nowhere, that have no basis in reality, and by that i mean hearsay and conjecture do not qualify in my existence as proof of anything ... its circumstantial, and the person yelling loudest has been here for a few days, so short answer is that i thought that i could inject some sanity.

K123 im stuck on the FCC doc because its tangible. it exist, theres nothing you can do to hide it. nothing anyone has said has been able to refute it as fact, EVERYTHING else is noise, every last ****ing bit ... every crudely drawn picture and stupid rumor about ste and the like ALL OF IT, NOISE.

and what do you have, what the **** have you presented here that would convince ANYONE that has more than 2 braincells to ignore it?

i guess i lied about not posting, answered direct statements

Last edited by shady; 2011-06-06 at 20:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to shady For This Useful Post:
Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
What we sorta know so far or been told:

Dev device
- OMAP3 1GHz Cortex A8 (similar to Samsung GS1)
- 4" WVGA screen
- HW keyboard
- 12MP camera module (same as N8
- 32/64GB Storage

Consumer device
- Single core cpu according to K123 (so OMAP3 still?)
- 4" qHD CBD
- no hw keyboard
- 8MP camera module
- 32/64GB Storage

Okay. to me, dev device has BETTER specs. What gives?
yes, and thats the point why i dont want to belive that it will only have a singel core. i can guess, that the 8mp cam is due to the slim size but if they bring out their wp7 phones with u8500 what means that they know the hardware. So why should they order a little bit more chips and put it in the new device? Remember the guy from the u8500 video who said at the end of the vid that nokia will bring a device last year? i hope that this guy will be right and that it wil lcome with u8500, shouldnt be so difficult, the packages are already included, so why not... Maybe K123 had another hw revision then the final product!? who knows? (no one, let me stay in my pink world :P)

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by shady View Post
****it im not convincing anyone but ill carry this flag till im wrong, and i have no problem being wrong. none. however i dont go chasing ideas that come from nowhere, that have no basis in reality, and by that i mean hearsay and conjecture do not qualify in my existence as proof of anything ... its circumstantial, and the person yelling loudest has been here for a few days, so short answer is that i thought that i could inject some sanity.

K123 im stuck on the FCC doc because its tangible. it exist, theres nothing you can do to hide it. nothing anyone has said has been able to refute it as fact, EVERYTHING else is noise, every last ****ing bit ... every crudely drawn picture and stupid rumor about ste and the like ALL OF IT, NOISE.

and what do you have, what the **** have you presented here that would convince ANYONE that has more than 2 braincells to ignore it?

i guess i lied about not posting, answered direct statements
men, keep cool...

look shady, you have your facts and we have ours. you talk about real things, but the latest real thing (elop showing the device for seconds) is something that you still dont believe because it doesnt fit to your demands... so you are doing the same thing you are telling us that we do...

so, just let us hope, dream, discuss our next phone... and dont make that bad vibrations anymore please... first we had misterc, now we have you... we have understood both of you, but that (our device) is what we want to talk about, thats it.

Last edited by Brock; 2011-06-06 at 20:31.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Yeah. I still have my hopes up that it will be U8500 and not omap3.
If it can multitask while playing a 720p video, it should be U8500 imo.
But if it's not, I'll still be happy if it's fast enough not to notice it.
(and then we'll overclock it like how we did with the N900. lol)

Last edited by jakiman; 2011-06-06 at 20:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
yes, and thats the point why i dont want to belive that it will only have a singel core. i can guess, that the 8mp cam is due to the slim size but if they bring out their wp7 phones with u8500 what means that they know the hardware. So why should they order a little bit more chips and put it in the new device? Remember the guy from the u8500 video who said at the end of the vid that nokia will bring a device last year? i hope that this guy will be right and that it wil lcome with u8500, shouldnt be so difficult, the packages are already included, so why not... Maybe K123 had another hw revision then the final product!? who knows? (no one, let me stay in my pink world :P)
It's Nokia we are talking about here and they are slowest in the market to adopt new SOCs.

All insiders i have been listening from this forum and MR have been saying it's single core. It also makes sense as RM-680 is more than likely running on some kind of OMAP3(probably OMAP36xx) that consumer device is running on it as well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
How about ripout ****ing android and install meego on this "hwkbd" mobile from SE

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/prod...#view=overview
its not released plus have an arc. no more SE and android for a while. Still hoping for a meego with kb, anf if not I have to look at win7 or webOS.

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland