Active Topics

Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
It doesn't make any sense to look at their aggregated market share.

What happens when looking at separate numbers?
- 6.5 is free falling like Symbian.
- WP7 got from zero to 2% market share in one year. Indeed, this is comparable to Android's beginning.
Hi erendorn

This is the exact reaction that any company aims for when re-branding. It's the sole reason they do it regardless of whether the product has changed .

The aggregated market share is much more reliable than a launch 0 to x number. I'll tell you why. Say your market share was declining at a rapid rate. Say 2% each quarter. If I re-branded this very same product, without even having to change anything, as in the exact same product, I can make it look like a market share increase. How? I'd call windows 6.5, Doors 6.5. Automatically without even having to do anything, I've made a market decrease look like a market increase. How? because I've split the graph, Doors 6.5 has gone from 0 market share to some positive number, even though my sales are dropping I can now say that Doors 6.5 went from 0 marketshare to some positive number, simply because I sold some I show a positive gradient. If however you look at the gradient throughout an actual period I am not increasing market share at all and whether or not I've actually changed my product becomes irrelevant to the statistics.

Last edited by Cue; 2011-08-13 at 22:52.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
september 7...but who cares. Iphone is not for n9 users.
Let's talk n9 price!

Last edited by momcilo; 2011-08-13 at 22:51.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Hi erendorn

This is the exact reaction that any company aims for when re-branding. It's the sole reason they do it regardless of whether the product has changed .
I've used WP 6.5 extensively... the product has changed. Maybe it's not better, but it's certainly different.

Originally Posted by govprog View Post
Wrong. WP7 lovers won't search for "WP7" . Instead, they search the phrase "windows phone". So sorry for that,this is the reality(If you want to describe reality with the trends):
http://www.google.com/trends?q=windo...ate=all&sort=0
http://www.google.com/trends?q=nokia...ate=all&sort=0

Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
I've used WP 6.5 extensively... the product has changed. Maybe it's not better, but it's certainly different.
As have I but that wasn't my point. I am not debating whether the product has changed or not I'm actually showing why it is irrelevant to market performance statistics.

Last edited by Cue; 2011-08-14 at 00:13.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Hi erendorn

The aggregated market share is much more reliable than a launch 0 to x number. I'll tell you why. Say your market share was declining at a rapid rate. Say 2% each quarter. If I re-branded this very same product, without even having to change anything, as in the exact same product, I can make it look like a market share increase. How? I'd call windows 6.5, Doors 6.5. Automatically without even having to do anything, I've made a market decrease look like a market increase. How? because I've split the graph, Doors 6.5 has gone from 0 market share to some positive number, even though my sales are dropping I can now say that Doors 6.5 went from 0 marketshare to some positive number, simply because I sold some I show a positive gradient. If however you look at the gradient throughout an actual period I am not increasing market share at all and whether or not I've actually changed my product becomes irrelevant to the statistics.
Depends on your classification of re-branding; do not assume everyone agrees with you on that.

Damn, lost my n900

Well at least it didn't happen earlier. Now I am seriously thinking about getting a galaxy 2 instead of the N9, bigger screen, faster cpu, 100 bucks cheaper...very tempting...I must resist.

Originally Posted by keflex View Post
Depends on your classification of re-branding; do not assume everyone agrees with you on that.
My classification of rebranding is the same as any other person who knows the definition of the term. It's a creation of a new name for an established brand regardless of actual product change. A Pentium 1 and Pentium 4 differ greatly but share the same branding. A core 2 Duo is the successor to the same product but is a different brand. While trying your utmost to be civilized, what assumption have I made and what do you not agree on?

Last edited by Cue; 2011-08-14 at 01:22.

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
"Windows Mobile"
"Windows Phone"

Originally Posted by keflex View Post
"Windows Mobile"
"Windows Phone"
Yes?

The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????