Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Just did a speed test:

http://www.chilitechno.com/blog/defa...peed_test.aspx

Not too shabby, though I'm going to install Fennec beta 5 now and see what kind of results I get - might be some issues with the flash causing anomalous results.

I am thinking of travelling over to New York from the UK for the black friday sales (and a small holiday). I did not preorder and doesn't look like those in UK that didn't preorder will be able to pick one up anytime soon. In any event it's much cheaper in the US. How easy will it be to pick one of these up this week? And how likely am I to be able to get one on sale? Presumably not likely since it just got released.

I happened to be across the street from the NYC Nokia store today and dropped in. Very few people were there and the N900 was not on display but rather when I asked a sales rep she whipped one out of her pocket and let me play with it. Very nice, but clearly I have some things to learn about how to use it--perhaps I can figure out how to get a dev vm or something...Hmm.

The bad news is of course that they are sold out and do not have a specific availability date. She thought they would get some more this coming week, but she recommended putting your name on a waiting list. However, I've tentatively decided that saving $90+ going through Amazon ($40 lower price, $50 rebate, plus tax, plus another $20 or so getting into NYC) is worth waiting. I may change my mind in a few weeks if Amazon is still saying delivery post-Christmas.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
You can not access the phone app without going to landscape and activating the function. Probably falls more into one hand-operation, but will be a problem to some and is a very basic phone function, a lot will assume is standard.
Press the power button, tap "Phone".

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by in-maemo View Post
I happened to be across the street from the NYC Nokia store today and dropped in. Very few people were there and the N900 was not on display but rather when I asked a sales rep she whipped one out of her pocket and let me play with it. Very nice, but clearly I have some things to learn about how to use it--perhaps I can figure out how to get a dev vm or something...Hmm.

The bad news is of course that they are sold out and do not have a specific availability date. She thought they would get some more this coming week, but she recommended putting your name on a waiting list. However, I've tentatively decided that saving $90+ going through Amazon ($40 lower price, $50 rebate, plus tax, plus another $20 or so getting into NYC) is worth waiting. I may change my mind in a few weeks if Amazon is still saying delivery post-Christmas.
The 50 rebate should be eligible even if you brought it from the nyc store...

The Following User Says Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post: