Notices

Sent you an e-mail, it's probably something to do with my new gtalk account (I'm moving ppl. over to the new gtalk account but currently have two instances of gtalk logged in during the transition phase).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Don't know if its been reported or not, but I'm facing an interesting bug:
If I use MyContacts to initiate a skype call to anyone, the call begins (rtcomm-ui is shown), but within 2-3 seconds, call fails with a message "Unable to establish connection". However, if I call that same contact using the normal contacts it takes a long time for the call to be established after the UI is shown, but it eventually works.

Do you have any timing constraints put in place to error out if a connection is not made?
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
Don't know if its been reported or not, but I'm facing an interesting bug:
If I use MyContacts to initiate a skype call to anyone, the call begins (rtcomm-ui is shown), but within 2-3 seconds, call fails with a message "Unable to establish connection". However, if I call that same contact using the normal contacts it takes a long time for the call to be established after the UI is shown, but it eventually works.

Do you have any timing constraints put in place to error out if a connection is not made?
MyContacts does very little to start a call... It just requests the channel from telepathy (pretty much the exact same code I shared with you)

Unfortunately I only have questions - no answers:
Does it happen all the time (always for all contacts) or just in some cases (slow connection? after reboot? after very long w/o reboot? on wifi? using cellular? for contacts that were offline? ... )? Before you start the call does mycontact show the contact as online? does it get any better if you shutdown mycontacts and start again?

I have experienced one issue with mycontacts/skype once but I was trying to start a chat session. I couldn't find any reason for it to fail to send the text and it went away by itself by just restarting the app....

Let me know if you can find any more information....

Thanks,
Felipe

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
MyContacts does very little to start a call... It just requests the channel from telepathy (pretty much the exact same code I shared with you)

Unfortunately I only have questions - no answers:
Does it happen all the time (always for all contacts) or just in some cases (slow connection? after reboot? after very long w/o reboot? on wifi? using cellular? for contacts that were offline? ... )? Before you start the call does mycontact show the contact as online? does it get any better if you shutdown mycontacts and start again?

I have experienced one issue with mycontacts/skype once but I was trying to start a chat session. I couldn't find any reason for it to fail to send the text and it went away by itself by just restarting the app....

Let me know if you can find any more information....

Thanks,
Felipe
1. Happens consistently ONLY with skype calls.
2. Happens immediately after reboot as well as after 2 days of usage
3. I've tried only on wifi, haven't tried on 3g
4. Always confirmed that the contact was online - target contact tested in same wifi network as me as well as on a different wifi network.
5. If I try normal contacts skype call then MyContacts skype call then normal contacts skype works but MyContacts skype call doesn't work.
6. Just tested on an offline contact. MyContact call fails with the same error "Unable to establish connection", but with the normal contacts, after about 15-20 seconds gives error banner "Unable to call: Contact offline"

1. Happens consistently ONLY with skype calls.
2. Happens immediately after reboot as well as after 2 days of usage
3. I've tried only on wifi, haven't tried on 3g
4. Always confirmed that the contact was online - target contact tested in same wifi network as me as well as on a different wifi network.
5. If I try normal contacts skype call then MyContacts skype call then normal contacts skype works but MyContacts skype call doesn't work.
6. Just tested on an offline contact. MyContact call fails with the same error "Unable to establish connection", but with the normal contacts, after about 15-20 seconds gives error banner "Unable to call: Contact offline"
That is not good... I know it works in some scenario because I use it all the time... Also, this is the first time I hear about it.

Can you try two things for me?
1. start the call from the online account window
2. on the online account window try to start a call with a phone number.... you don't need to complete the call ...you can call your own phone number... just want to know if it will work when calling a phone number.

Thanks

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

That is not good... I know it works in some scenario because I use it all the time... Also, this is the first time I hear about it.

Can you try two things for me?
1. start the call from the online account window
2. on the online account window try to start a call with a phone number.... you don't need to complete the call ...you can call your own phone number... just want to know if it will work when calling a phone number.

Thanks
1. Went to online accounts window, started call with echo123 (always online) Error message box with title "Skype" and message "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Error.Disconnected: Channel aborted"
2. On the online account window, entered my own skype number (with the +1 because skype does not like it any other way). Error banner "Unable to establish connection". After this, I went to the call log. There was an entry for the phone call I just attempted to make. Clicked it, and made the call through the call log window. After about 20 seconds, I got the call on my desktop skype.

1. Went to online accounts window, started call with echo123 (always online) Error message box with title "Skype" and message "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Error.Disconnected: Channel aborted"
2. On the online account window, entered my own skype number (with the +1 because skype does not like it any other way). Error banner "Unable to establish connection". After this, I went to the call log. There was an entry for the phone call I just attempted to make. Clicked it, and made the call through the call log window. After about 20 seconds, I got the call on my desktop skype.
Can you start a skype call using your dialer?

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Can you start a skype call using your dialer?
I did a dial out using qgvdial's connection to telepathy-spirit. It worked.

I did a dial out using qgvdial's connection to telepathy-spirit. It worked.
The only difference I could find between your code:

Code:
void
TpCalloutInitiator::initiateCall (const QString &strDestination)
{
    QVariantMap request;
    request.insert(TELEPATHY_INTERFACE_CHANNEL ".ChannelType",
                   TELEPATHY_INTERFACE_CHANNEL_TYPE_STREAMED_MEDIA);
    request.insert(TELEPATHY_INTERFACE_CHANNEL ".TargetHandleType",
                   (uint) Tp::HandleTypeContact);
    request.insert(TELEPATHY_INTERFACE_CHANNEL ".TargetID",
                   strDestination);
    Tp::PendingChannelRequest *pReq = account->ensureChannel(request);

QObject::connect (
        pReq, SIGNAL (finished (Tp::PendingOperation*)),
        this, SLOT   (onChannelReady (Tp::PendingOperation*)));
}//TpCalloutInitiator::initiateCall
and mine:

Code:
Tp::PendingChannelRequest* TelepathyAccount::call(QString account) {
    QVariantMap request;
    // audio works
    request.insert(QLatin1String(TELEPATHY_INTERFACE_CHANNEL ".ChannelType"), TELEPATHY_INTERFACE_CHANNEL_TYPE_STREAMED_MEDIA);
    request.insert(QLatin1String(TELEPATHY_INTERFACE_CHANNEL ".TargetHandleType"), (uint) Tp::HandleTypeContact);
    request.insert(QLatin1String(TELEPATHY_INTERFACE_CHANNEL ".TargetID"), account);
    request.insert(QLatin1String(TELEPATHY_INTERFACE_CHANNEL ".Type.StreamedMedia.InitialAudio"), true);

return m_account.data()->ensureChannel(request);
}
is that I add the "initial audio"....Can't imagine why this would make any difference though.

If it is easy enough for you, could you try your code with this change?

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

The only difference I could find between your code:

is that I add the "initial audio"....Can't imagine why this would make any difference though.

If it is easy enough for you, could you try your code with this change?
I just compiled a version of my binary with InitialAudio. It failed with exactly the same error as I had described. InitialAudio is the culprit!

It seems that the spirit CM "should" ignore it when used with EnsureChannel as mentioned in the docs, but it causes it to fail...