Active Topics

Originally Posted by kollin View Post
Why bash is 3.2, isn't it too old?
I have 4.2 ony pc.
Strangely enough there is bash AND busybox (from list of packages someone posted), might be busybox by default and bash comes in with developer mode?

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I want to see comparisons made to current benchmarks, iOS, Android and Windows, not N9. N9 had many issues. The average Joe will be comparing it to mainstream OSs.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
szopin: Mer provides both options (busybox and standard coreutils and shells). The only problem, some packages are ancient because of the GPLv3 issue.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
FYI: closed vs. open components in Sailfish are discussed here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...3&goto=newpost

w00t posted a draft here: http://piratepad.net/JollaSoftwareState

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I want to see comparisons made to current benchmarks, iOS, Android and Windows, not N9. N9 had many issues. The average Joe will be comparing it to mainstream OSs.
Compare it with this while you at it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOpLuMQgBRQ

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Can Android programs use internal and/or external GPS (over bluetooth)? I would like to start using Jolla for famous finnish racechrono.com app that I currently can use only with my old Symbian phone (as I just do not want to buy any Android devices).

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
There definitely needs to be a Saiflish bugtracker if you want this to work efficiently.
why not set up a bugtracker @ sailfishbugs.maemo.org? Jolla folks are following maemo.org. i'm absolutely willing to help and could set it up, if wanted...

The Following User Says Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
No, it should be an official thing supported by Jolla if you don't want it to fail miserably. Relying on goodwill of some Jolla devs to follow that bugtracker won't really produce a good result. I.e. if Jolla has some concerns which prevent them from making a public bugtracker, they need to be addressed first.

Sailfish should be supposedly open (even though it's not yet - many packages are closed for now). So open bugtracker fully makes sense from community perspective.

https://sailfishos.org/about-license.html

Our goal with the Sailfish OS is to develop an open source operating system in co-operation with the community, thus ensuring the development of a best-of-breed operating system. We believe this will act as a refreshing sea-wind that will help push the industry forward.

Last edited by shmerl; 2013-11-28 at 21:10.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
why not set up a bugtracker @ sailfishbugs.maemo.org? Jolla folks are following maemo.org. i'm absolutely willing to help and could set it up, if wanted...

Do it!
10chars
Barnabas Collins

The Following User Says Thank You to kollin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
No, it should be an official thing supported by Jolla if you don't want it to fail miserably. Relying on goodwill of some Jolla devs to follow that bugtracker won't really produce a good result. I.e. if Jolla has some concerns that prevent them from making a public bugtracker, they need to be address first.
agree, but better an inofficial bugtracker at maemo.org than bugreports on Twitter and Facebook...

TMO also started "inofficial"

Last edited by Leinad; 2013-11-28 at 21:19.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience