Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
It uses now mplayer to play the lucid dream and wake up music. I switched to it because I did not want to open the maemo mediaplayer to play the music.
If you find a way to play a song with the built in mediaplay WITHOUT having to open an extra window, please let me know
You can go and ask Nokia to add cli support for medaplayer

I also tried to use gstreamer which would be the even better solution. How ever after many wasted and frustrating hours I switched back to mplayer. (gstreamer made SleepAnalyser crash and eat all CPU. It might be due the (not correct) way of using it, but I was not able to fix it).
That's fine, I just don't think it need to be an explicit dependency - you could just say in the startup screen somewhere that you have to install mplayer to use Lucid Dream and Wake Up music?

Also, you can ask MohammadAG - he's working on a replacement Media Player for the CSSU; or one of the other non-stock media players' devs, for help with the gstreamer bit? I would love to help with gstreamer but honestly, that is so far beyond my skill level it's not even remotely feasible I'd be of use there.

Edit: Thank you for the explanation either way. I can't really blame you for making that decision.

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
well, I belief if users have to install it manually, it gets complicater once again. i want to keep it simple and working for novice users!
I do not really se a problem to have another 20MB in /opt ! I have many many apps installed but still plenty of space.
So you dont have to use it if you dont want to...
And beliefe me, i was very happy when I finally gor gstreamer working. Because of that my frustrations where huge when I realised that the glibc functions make the rest of SleepAnalyser work properly
Once there is a way of using the maemo media player without apening a new window (or additionally keep it in the backround) I am happy to switch back.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Hi caco3,
today I let me wake up with a song that played very well the last days, but today I wanted to stop it before it was played to end. I pressed the top button of the N900 to get the slide-to-activate screen and immediately the song stopped.
Is that behaviour by design or went something wrong this morning? In logfile I can't find any useful hint. It just says "Stop music player".

Are you sure the song was not just over at that moment? That would mean that the alarm would have raised in the next seconds as well.
The only way to stop a song is its and and pushing the stop button at the left bottom corner!
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
Are you sure the song was not just over at that moment? That would mean that the alarm would have raised in the next seconds as well.
The only way to stop a song is its and and pushing the stop button at the left bottom corner!
Definitely not. It was about the middle of the song and I guess somehow the player crashed when I pressed that button. In Sleepanalyser the stop button was still visible. Does it change or hide when the song is stopped?

Yes, SleepAnalyser knows how long the song goes and will disable the button at the end. Currently there is no feedback from the player. So if it (mplayer) crashed, SleepAnalyser has no way of figuring it out.

I just got a new idea of how we could use gstreamer; instead including it into SleepAnalyser (which made it malfunctioning/crashing) I could run it as a separate process. With a pipe it would be possible for them to communicate. I have to think a bit deeper into it, so please be patient.
and more...

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Today I selected another song for wakeup (in fact let Sleepanalyser choose the song from a directory) and when pressing that button this morning the song stopped for a second and then played further. I let it play to end and the usual alarm went off.

That sounds very odd.
Are you sure the song interruption was caused by your button press? Sometimes mplayer stops for a moment when to much cpu time for other processes are needed.
Also, was the button disabled afterwards?
It really looks like as if mplayer is not the best solution, how ever I don't know any other way except using again the maemo media player
and more...

I'm not speaking of the button in sleepanalyser but of the hardware button on top of device. Sorry. So it may be caused by cpu consumption of device waking up and drawing slide-screen. I don't think that mplayer is a bad choice as it has a wide range of supported codecs so user could select nearly any soundfile. How is codec support in gstreamer?

Originally Posted by x-lette View Post
I'm not speaking of the button in sleepanalyser but of the hardware button on top of device.
Well, then there is no issue with SleepAnalyser

I am just uploading a new version which uses gstreamer instead mplayer. Now it doesnt use gstreamer in SleepAnalyser itself but runs it as a separate process.
It might still be buggy!
In case it does not work as expected, please have a close look in the log file (/home/user/MyDocs/SleepAnalyser/SleepAnalyser.log). It will contain a lot of information!
and more...