Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Neon in landscape:

I tried to let every element rotate so that the screen looks as if the station alone is rotating, can't describe unless you actually see, but... TAP has got some problems...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
thats not a problem awesome

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Frankfurt, Germany
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Of course. I'm just waiting for sakya to release the update which will include the "swipe/slide to unlock" feature:

This is just a draft for what could be done.
If it would be possible, to rotate the other parts of the outer circle too, this would be awesome! Especially if the elements would rotate in different tempos, so they combine to a 3d unlock animation...

Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
as always thats awesome, just make sure you sjhare the queen beecon icons after your done and how did u get the command on the top right ??????

edit : here is my main screen, nothing much

can you share your wallpaper ?

thx.

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by mankir View Post
If it would be possible, to rotate the other parts of the outer circle too, this would be awesome! Especially if the elements would rotate in different tempos, so they combine to a 3d unlock animation...
Yeah I like that, gotta wait for the new Qtlockscreen.
Everything is possible, as long as sakya updates Qtlockscreen.

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Just thought I'd show what's on my desktop at the moment. Been really busy lately so haven't had much time to mod or come to tmo.
Attached Images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bigears5000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Petrolina, Brazil
Wow! you guys are very very good.
your desktops are the most beaultiful i´ve ever seen in a mobile phone.
I dont have that power to create something like that, but i did some with mine.

mine is soooo simple when i see yours...

congrats!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trigaum For This Useful Post:
Posts: 149 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Russia
Originally Posted by Harick View Post
as laasonen said (btw, nice avatar =P) it's calendar home widget, a replace of the default calendar made by nicolai

and the widgets are not by me, but for minhtrimatrix, it's a rainmeter theme called morph

and the weather widget it's based on and iphone4 theme called revi-krs

i just tried to port (?) them (kind of) to QBW

oh, battery icon is this one, but modified to look like the rest, and change mha instead of voltage, thanx to dr_frost_dk here

also, if anyone knows a better way to get the current cpu usage, share it pls, this was the only one i found

EDIT.: 27/05/2011
i've redone the entire set of weather, now weather-one does all the job while the other widgets are barely outputs, this way consumes less ram and less cpu
#note: delete all widgets of the previous version and re import each beacon again

INSTALL

extract the .queen_beecon_dir folder to /home/user/.queen_beecon_dir
also you'll need ubuntu and droid fonts, if you dont have it, just extract the font folder to /opt/usr/fonts

battery and cpu usage are single beacons, but wifi and weather are various beacons working as one
so, import them and rearrange to look like the screen (or not)

for weather, add import the beacons (wet-icon, wet-desc, wet-temp, wet-place) this beacons does nothing, they are used as result of weather-one

inside weather-one command, you have to change the "XXXX0000" to your city code, get it from here
search for your city and you will see the code of it in the url (as http://www.weather.com/weather/today/XXXX0000)
they usually (if not always) are 4 letters and 4 numbers. for example, url for Buenos Aires, Argentina is
Code:
http://www.weather.com/weather/today/ARBA0009
so code is ARBA0009
optional, if you don't like/use the metric system, you can change the "unit=M" for "unit=F"

finaly, you have to replace the id<id ...> for the id of each widget (wet-icon, wet-desc, wet-temp, wet-place), in the command,
run-standalone.sh dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=oh.no.more.qbw /oh/no/more/qbwid<id wet-desc> oh.no.more.qbw.set_param_string string:"instanceCmd" string:"exit 1" string:"update_content";

for example, if your wet widgets are id9, id10, id 11..etc, command should be

Code:
run-standalone.sh dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=oh.no.more.qbw /oh/no/more/qbwid9 oh.no.more.qbw.set_param_string string:"instanceCmd" string:"...." string:"update_content";
run-standalone.sh dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=oh.no.more.qbw /oh/no/more/qbwid10 oh.no.more.qbw.set_param_string string:"instanceCmd" string:"..." string:"update_content";
etc etc

download

here is the alarm icon, it goes in /opt/usr/share/icons/<youriconpack>/18x18/hildon/

Strange.. but cant make ur weather widget works...made all like in tutorial.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Dublin, Ireland
Hey guys, just sharing a screenshot of my "latest and greatest" desktop
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to csaba93 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 476 | Thanked: 438 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by csaba93 View Post
Hey guys, just sharing a screenshot of my "latest and greatest" desktop
Name of the clock?

Tags
desktop, epic thread, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, picture, pictures, screenshot, screenshots, show and tell