Active Topics

Some HTC Jetstream sample video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ6WIg_P8Fk
All I can say is wow that looks amazing but it must be awkward to hold that thing for video recording.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
Some HTC Jetstream sample video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ6WIg_P8Fk
All I can say is wow that looks amazing but it must be awkward to hold that thing for video recording.
Looks like it has a liiiiitlle bit of a problem with exposure levels. Maybe a little color-bleed too--but that might just be the video codec effect. I'm not impressed, but it seems to do 1080p alright.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Hi
can any of you suggest me which tab will be the best one at present. i have the option of Samsung and Nokia.

Last edited by kattyjames111; 2013-10-01 at 07:13.

Originally Posted by kattyjames111 View Post
Hi
can any of you suggest me which tab will be the best one at present. i have the option of Samsung and Nokia.
When you say "Tab", do you mean the generic term tablet? If so, Samsung is the only one making tablets anymore, of the two, and then is the only one that has so far made tablets with screens of 7-inches and larger. Or, are you referring to the Samsung Tab brand--in which case, only Samsung makes Galaxy Tab branded devices.

In either case, right now you can only purchase a Samsung "Tab". Amongst the Samsung Brands, there are a bunch that will be available and already a few different models available now. What were you looking for in a tablet? Since you mentioned Nokia, was there something there that caught your attention that we should be aware of when we consider your question?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Here is a cool video I found showing you how to more productive, IMO I think I finally see the point in having a back camera on tablet. Anyways a tablet makes the perfect document scanner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82Z2JvzBtB4

Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
Here is a cool video I found showing you how to more productive, IMO I think I finally see the point in having a back camera on tablet. Anyways a tablet makes the perfect document scanner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82Z2JvzBtB4
Used to do that ages ago with my Droid (which has a better camera than the Galaxy Tab for resolution)... and on BOTH devices, it's not as good as he pretends it to be for faxing. The resolution and contrast ratio of the photos is... meh. It still doesn't replace a good, real FAX machine or, better still, a real image scanner on a computer. (Also note: The guy in that video is VERY awkward at addressing his audience and showing this stuff. LOTS of video problems. Kind of annoying to watch him.) :P heh

PS: Did he REALLY say 'voice recognization' ?? Heheh... oh God.

Maybe the FaxCam needs a much better camera--or better still, somebody will make a real honest-to-God bluetooth page scanner device someday.

Last edited by danramos; 2011-09-15 at 02:38.

Gotta agree it is mediocre at best.
And most of the time it is below average, which means it is a good photo but a horrible photocopy (fax/document). There's just not enough dedicated pixels to render them properly.

The only good feature is Google Documents, which can detect and convert the washed out letters into words. But with 12MP 1080p Nokia N8 quality cameras, and a better (app) implementation... I think we can have a (decent) mobile scanner.

Reminds me of my All-in-One Lexmark that used to automatically scan documents into Word, including logo's which would just be pictures and would put them into the right spot of the .doc something like that would be cool to have on a (Android) tablet (7in?)

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Samsung Overtakes Apple in Smartphone Sales [Europe]

From the article:
According to IDC, Samsung has surpassed Apple in European smartphone sales by shipping 4.8 Million units, compared to Apple’s 4.6M units. Samsung had a strong momentum before, but clearly, the Samsung Galaxy S2 should get the credit for this.

Beyond the Samsung/Apple fight, Android has indeed been the number one in terms of overall market share, and there is probably nothing that Apple can do as the iPhone 5 is unlikely to change the trend. The loser in the story? Nokia. Despite a historical strength in that Market, Nokia’s market share is quickly eroding – now the jump to Windows Phone 7 is more than ever a “do-or-die” for the company.

Source: http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/09/sam...-sales-europe/

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Anonymous 4chan user hands on with Nexus Prime

- The SGN will run on Samsung’s Exynos dual core CPU clocked at 1.5GHz, 1gb RAM, Super AMOLED Plus 4.65 inch 1280x720 HD display, 16gb internal memory (with sd card slot) is 8.8mm thick, metal body and a 2000mAh battery (the same as the new one that’s being released for the Galaxy S II).
Seriously? Holy damn.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Anonymous 4chan user hands on with Nexus Prime

Seriously? Holy damn.
That pretty much agrees with everything I've already read before, yup.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy