Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
agree, but better an inofficial bugtracker at maemo.org than bugreports on Twitter and Facebook...
Sure, I agree that it would be better than those reports posted through social networks. If Jolla opens up an official bugtracker, you can transfer bugs there in theory. But let's try to hear from Jolla first, what's going on. I don't really understand why Jolla set themselves up for such problems, launching a product without proper infrastructure ready. May be it's just lack of resources issue.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
I don't really understand why Jolla set themselves up for such problems, launching a product without proper infrastructure ready. May be it's just lack of resources issue.
and this is exactly, where we could fill in...
well, just an idea

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Can we stay on topic 'Jolla User Experience Thread'

User experiences, no bugtrackers etc.
Show us what we can expect. Opinions coming from the early birds in what's good/new and what's bad or could/should be improved (all in UX and day-day usage)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wout.martens For This Useful Post:
Sure, let's redirect community related discussions here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91721 (bugtracker, and so on).

Last edited by shmerl; 2013-11-28 at 21:46.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Terminal comes with developer mode.
Make sure you have network connectivity & set up Jolla account on device
I guess I figured out what the problem of enabling developer mode was. It had to be one of these things I had on my device:
- I had device localized as finnish
- I had no simcard inserted (was using WLAN)
- I set device lock ON

I tried without these, and now it works ( I restarted numerous times with different combinations, between tries I used the "reset device" to wipe all settings and start fresh. )

Finally I can conclude it is the localization that is propably the cause. When I set up the language as "English (br)" I can install developer mode OK.

Now, a question; so can I change localization back to Finnish after enabling Developer Mode?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by wout.martens View Post
Can we stay on topic 'Jolla User Experience Thread'

User experiences, no bugtrackers etc.
Show us what we can expect. Opinions coming from the early birds in what's good/new and what's bad or could/should be improved (all in UX and day-day usage)
Well, the device screen is definitely not so bright as N9. Not even when brightness is st to maximum.

As the screen is lcd it cannot match oled display, even though some people dislike the pentile oled of N9.

Also some co-workers noted to me that the scrolling is not "buttery smooth" when you scroll from screen to screen quickly (even as the slow srolling by finger is very smooth)
I myself do not notice this difference but it might ve visible to someone.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
I have been trying out some android apps from Aptoide market, they seem to be working fine (so far), i.e Firefox (can be used in landscape) is a bit sluggish but runs ok, Dropbox seems to work normal, also Youtube (multitasking not working tho, you cant play it in the background), Soundhound picks up tracks, Instagram works (but you cant upload photos from the app, you have to have the picture in the gallery), Spotify works, Whatsapp is the most buggiest (it is not possible to import all contacts, and there is no notification sound. or atleast not for me is working).

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LAAK1 For This Useful Post:
Some people reported Amazon store working, does it work only for free apps?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
No, it should be an official thing supported by Jolla if you don't want it to fail miserably. Relying on goodwill of some Jolla devs to follow that bugtracker won't really produce a good result. I.e. if Jolla has some concerns which prevent them from making a public bugtracker, they need to be addressed first.

Sailfish should be supposedly open (even though it's not yet - many packages are closed for now). So open bugtracker fully makes sense from community perspective.

https://sailfishos.org/about-license.html
Yup, my point exactly a few pages back, really hoping they can finally step-up here with the proper overall community infra.
Not a hodgepodge of things spread all over the place, & "unofficially" supported..
But, people have a right to whine that it shouldn't be discussed here, I guess, so perhaps yet another thread discussing that should be spawned.
*EDIT*
I see that's been done, good stuff...
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91721

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-11-28 at 22:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
A few more notions after a day with Jolla.

- Transitions between apps and screens are smooth, (native) applications run smoothly and logically.
- One of the main objectives, to get rid of small buttons and menus, has been completed surprisingly well and they have really moved past N9 in this respect. In some situations there is a button, but even then a swipe gesture to confirm is enough. New swipes and pulley menus are easy to use and efficient.
-I like a lot eg. the way they have gotten rid of the confirm buttons when you delete something. Instead they have a 5 second slider, which you can press if you want to cancel something (it isnīt used for everything). The slider doesnīt slow the user at all and he/she can continue to do other stuff right away.
- I like the way you can peak the time, internet connections, the home view etc., although I suspected it (or actually the fading) earlier.
- I also like that FB and Gtalk are integrated into the message app like on N9.
- The phone comes with a very small number of programs installed, I think nine, of which two are the store and tutorial.
-I havenīt tried many Android apps yet, but Spotify works fine and Whatsapp worked ok as well eventually.
- I really liked how the N9 fit into my hand and the fact that I could easily use it with one hand. Jolla is ok to use with one hand (I have short fingers) and the corners I get used to. Side bezels are ok, up and down bezels could have been a bit thinner. Itīs surprisingly lighweight.
- The camera I havenīt tested yet properly, seems to be ok but probably needs some tuning.

Room for development :
The browser (landscape). The tabs seem to reload every time you choose them. =/ This is something I miss from N9 IF it stays like this.
The camera does not have zoom (I never use it anyway).
No music player controls in the lock screen yet.
4g support still under testing.

As soon as they fix the landscape mode for the browser the biggest annoyance for me seems to be the fact that I have to give the LPM screen on my reliable N9.

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Tujutzki For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience