Active Topics

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Currently I've stopped working on new icons because of extremely busy month in university. I changed this bloody 3 dots so now it looks like this:

P.S. I am not going to include photo of my girlfriend in next release and don't even ask me! :P

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
Currently I've stopped working on new icons because of extremely busy month in university. I changed this bloody 3 dots so now it looks like this:

P.S. I am not going to include photo of my girlfriend in next release and don't even ask me! :P

As much as we (I) appreciate all you have and are doing for my beloved N800....

The "real world" is a much bigger priority!

...But I liked the three dots....

...Good, now I'll not have to explain to my wife why there is a woman's picture on my wallpaper that is not her....

Seriously kroll, Thank You for your work!

Now why are you still here?

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

...Good, now I'll not have to explain to my wife why there is a woman's picture on my wallpaper that is not her....
As my mother like to say... "Son, you always need to have an extra girlfriend. Just in case first one are busy or something..."

Thanks for your comment, I appreciate it so much.

Indeed, I gotta go sleep :P
See ya

Last edited by Kroll; 2011-04-06 at 21:28.

For some reason my wifi icon in the status bar has disappeared after i moved /usr/share to an extended (ext3) rootfs partition on the internal memory card. and upon trying to enable it. Its just GONE. like it laughing at me or something. anyone have the fondest idea what the dilly could be?

And also since i can access the applet drop down by using hardware keys, can i just remove the "3 dot" icon manually from the statusbar directory? If so what is the filename of it so i can ensure im not removing any necessary icons LIKE that of my wlan connection manager.

Apart from that the desktop ive set up looks absolutely fantastic. Not sure if you (@kroll) has already covered this but are the icons you were referring to being complete the grey catagory icons displayed at the botton within telescope? im interested in adding different ones but dont know how to go about these customizations.

Currently im proud of what ive done. With diablo turbo kernel, extended 1.4gb (approx) of rootfs partition on the internal memory card. Extended 128mb virtual memory. Diablo5 & Telescope are the icing on the cake

All of this currently are running on an N800 in red pill and RD mode. does anyone know if i can swap it back to blue pill and pull it out of RD with the linux flasher-3.0 script, while maintaining all of the current functionality? Furthermore with these customizations i was wondering if the backup/restore utility will effectively backup these customizations i have made so in the case i must reflash, i can just restore it to its current state.

Thanks a ton guys for all the impecable work you all have put into making this entire project an amazing ongoing experience!

Last edited by sirdonkeypunch; 2011-04-07 at 20:30.

And also since i can access the applet drop down by using hardware keys, can i just remove the "3 dot" icon manually from the statusbar directory? If so what is the filename of it so i can ensure im not removing any necessary icons LIKE that of my wlan connection manager.
No, it is a part of statusbar background and not an applet. This is an active area which was assigned in matchbox to be a menu button. So You need to edit a statusbar image and config files of mutchbox.

For some reason my wifi icon in the status bar has disappeared after i moved /usr/share to an extended (ext3) rootfs partition on the internal memory card. and upon trying to enable it. Its just GONE.
I tried to make the same but some directories including /usr/share/icons a secured and cannot be moved or deleted. Maybe it was made specially to protect icons? Can u open dialog window or applet disappeared completely, not only icon?

Not sure if you (@kroll) has already covered this but are the icons you were referring to being complete the grey catagory icons displayed at the botton within telescope? im interested in adding different ones but dont know how to go about these customizations.
Pardon? I am not quite sure I understood you correctly...

I think you pick wrong topic to almost all questions you asked here.

My bad about not being on topic with a few of my questions. When i was asking you about icons, i think it was in the 3X pages of this thread where you commented on being 70% done with some icons, my question was asking what icons you were working on, IE what are they for. My first assumption was that they were for the grey bottom bar of the application menu where the catagories are split up.

If my question needs to be addressed to the Telescope thread let me know. I was just wondering about making and importing new icons to add/swap with whats currently there.

This icons i work on are the icons for the hole system. From file manager type icons (for folders, music files etc) to icons for applications.

If you want to talk about icons of categories in Telescope you definitely need to pick Telescope topic.

Originally Posted by Mitrandir View Post
This sentence have forced me to resume efforts on hildon-desktop
Hi there,

I made the Drag Lock option like how it was originally in Rafi Rubin's patch, it seems like qwerty12 changed it for some reason:

Attached Files
File Type: gz hildon-desktop_2.0.18-1fix1mtr.diff.gz (3.7 KB, 93 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jstokes For This Useful Post:
I use Diablo 5.2010.33-1 and there is patch included with Drag Lock support.
What's different?

Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
What's different?
Absolutely nothing except the way the button looks. When qwerty12 changed the original patch to store the button in GConf, he also changed the button from one that displays a tick to one that just changes its label. I found it quite confusing because I'm slow and it'd take some seconds for me to realise whether pressing it would turn it on or off