Notices

wow this software takes ages to refresh the list and the CPU load is highest all the time.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by msa View Post
i hear there is a shazam-like feature built in instinctiv? is that true?
There is such a feature, although it needs Internet access (it basically sends the file to a server where it gets analysed), so it's not entirely "built-in".

besides, the scrolling rate is slow also compared to n97 music player scrolling list.

Well take it a constructive criticism to make the apps better. I like the interface but need quite a lot of touch up for it to be fully usable.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
I was wondering, if I have an unknown song on my device, I can't identify it, right? The button simply records, and that stop the player. Any option to actually cut a chunk off an MP3 and send it?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
There is such a feature, although it needs Internet access (it basically sends the file to a server where it gets analysed), so it's not entirely "built-in".
Isn't that how Shazam works? It records a sample and then sends it to the server for identification.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
thanks for the answers!

i just hope it doesnt send the whole file... xD

/edit: i just installed this, but its only recognizing 1 file!? and its even a ringtone, that i dont want the app to play...
how do i add my songs-folder?

/edit:

this is my 666th post

Last edited by msa; 2010-08-08 at 23:33.

what a shame, even the identify doesn't work lol~

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
Originally Posted by chicaman View Post
what a shame, even the identify doesn't work lol~
Do you think you could stop posting every time you have a "thought" about the application? It's just that many of us receive email alerts whenever this thread is updated and you have yet to write anything that is either informative or interesting.

Much appreciated.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Frequently_asked_questions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Isn't that how Shazam works? It records a sample and then sends it to the server for identification.
Yes exactly, but I was just trying to make sure that the person asking the question understood that this wasn't something that the app was doing itself, as such.

Originally Posted by fms View Post
Peter, the last version you have posted to this forum thread appears to spend most of its time consuming ~100% CPU. While I understand that it is all about indexing audio data on the devices, this makes both Instinctiv and any other application on the device unusable. Would you please consider changing Instinctiv's indexing habits? Maybe you can simply use the index already made by Tracker and accessible via MAFW, rather than create your own index every time your application starts?
I know the CPU usage is horrible the first minute or two post-start. There's a fairly deep architectural flaw that's at the root of this and we're working hard to fix. It'll probably take another week or two . The solution, however, will enable us to not only be way faster and consume less memory but also enable a new feature we're really excited about we're internally dubbing "everyware" -- I've already said too much

PS: MAFW integration is high on the list.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peter@instinctiv.com For This Useful Post: