the version of systemd currently on the phone - will it ever get updated? i'm looking for calendar time events. want to use systemd to schedule time- based events.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Quick update on the status of the "out of beta" release:
Jolla ‏@JollaHQ 4h
@_tace_ Hi, early this week. The countdown is on already
So, lets see what is "early" for Jolla

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Yes, I noticed that, unfortunately ? changing that paramter has no effect, it is reset to '0' immediately.
Afaik the mpdecision binary handles the online state by default, so you might need to stop it first.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jare For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by droll View Post
the version of systemd currently on the phone - will it ever get updated? i'm looking for calendar time events. want to use systemd to schedule time- based events.
i use systemd for prey, it updates every hour. Seems to work. Allthough there is a small issue when phone 'is sleeping'

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
Quick update on the status of the "out of beta" release:

So, lets see what is "early" for Jolla
early must be Monday or possibly Tuesday. But is Tuesday really considered as early? Possibly if is before lunch...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
You can confirm with
cat /sys/devices/platform/kgsl-3d0.0/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/pwrscale/trustzone/governor
get info
"performance"

looks good. But i feel nothing better dont know why... maybe the BB-Messanger (Android) Loads faster

thanks for it

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Does your touchscreen feel otherwice "too sensitive" or something? It could be caused by HW failure of course, or by something you have installed on the device?
Or possibly a screen protector? I've had some dodgy screen protectors in the past on some phones.

At the moment, on my Jolla, I'm using a 3M based screen protector which seems quite good so far. I've not scratched it and apart from being a couple of mm short top and bottom, fits well.

http://www.protectionfilms24.com/art...a-1509825.html

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Does this mean that while the Jolla device is dualcore by HW, only 1 core is currently running on the device?
A lot of the time, yes. It's turned on when mpdecision decides there's sufficient work to warrant it.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Jare View Post
Afaik the mpdecision binary handles the online state by default, so you might need to stop it first.
Also true. It's been a while since I've had to do this, obviously

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
LTE support is way down the list for me. It's only just being rolled out now in much of Europe.

I'm not sure why you'd want [LTE]. The 3g I get on my Jolla now is faster than my landline broadband.
As you can see from my userprofile, I'm not in Europe, and due to the peculiar combo of frequencies which carriers here use and the frequencies supported by Jolla (both hardware & software limitations at the moment!) I'm currently stuck on 2G. I don't need LTE - 3G is good enough for me as you suggest - but I can't have 3G.I have actually changed carriers in order to be able to get Jolla onto a mobile network at all.

It's painful waiting 20 seconds (count them... 1... 2... 3...) just to download some jpeg photo my family sent me in an email. If you don't believe me, try living with 2G. It's still a miracle of science, but it's a slow and irritating miracle of science in 2014.

Still, "not in Europe" does pretty much mean that Jolla doesn't care about me as a customer. I accept this, not because I like it, but because I can't change it.

Why would people in Europe want it? Because they paid for a device which supports LTE but don't have it. That's a good enough reason.

I hope that answers your question.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"