Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Hi guys i have nitdroid 2.3.4 installed and it works very well but i have two problems that i would like to know if there is a way to resolve.
The first one is when i receive a sms i only receive the text relative to the size of 1 sms (for example, if the sms is long enough to occupy 2 sms i only get the first part). Is this normal ? Is there any way to get past this ?
Second, i am from Portugal, and as far as i can see the keyboard mapping is for the US layout, is there any way to change the keyboard mapping for the European (or specifically Portuguese) layout even if it has to be manually?
Thanks

Posts: 1,238 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by Evildemon View Post
Hi guys i have nitdroid 2.3.4 installed and it works very well but i have two problems that i would like to know if there is a way to resolve.
The first one is when i receive a sms i only receive the text relative to the size of 1 sms (for example, if the sms is long enough to occupy 2 sms i only get the first part). Is this normal ? Is there any way to get past this ?
Second, i am from Portugal, and as far as i can see the keyboard mapping is for the US layout, is there any way to change the keyboard mapping for the European (or specifically Portuguese) layout even if it has to be manually?
Thanks
yes sms problem is a bug in Nitdroid. you donot receive one msg complete (160 chars). bug which is not resolved till yet trims msgs to 100 chars if i remember. and for keyboard problem there are many keyboards available for Android. best and popular one is Swift key X. a nice looking keyboard but its not free you have to buy it from Android market.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
BUMP
--------

Hey guys, so I've had NITDROID for months now (2.3.4, stable no problem) so I decided to try upgrading 2.3.7.
extracted the files to /and and the update worked no problem, but eventually after a few days downgraded it back

Now everything works as always except I cannot do a home button press (long press on camera button) anymore?
But back (short camera button press) works

(I tested the camera button in maemo for short + long press, and it works there)

any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
yes sms problem is a bug in Nitdroid. you donot receive one msg complete (160 chars). bug which is not resolved till yet trims msgs to 100 chars if i remember. and for keyboard problem there are many keyboards available for Android. best and popular one is Swift key X. a nice looking keyboard but its not free you have to buy it from Android market.
Thanks for your reply.
About the keyboard i was talking about physical keyboard though... The letters are all ok but the "shift" commands are all messed up and i wanted to know if there is any way to change those...
One more thing i can send files through bluetooth but cant receive... is that a known bug too ?

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Beijing, China
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
how you optimized ICS. Super User never worked for me in ICS. i also update it to latest version but no help. and can you tell me that did you managed to get root access and if yes then how ?
For optimization I use Autostarts to cut ALMOST ALL app autostart requests (not just when booting, also when e. g. app installation complete), beware that this actually prevents functions from working (e.g. alarms won't work) so cut requests to your own need. Also killing tasks with Advanced Task Killer is necessary.
Rooting? I downloaded latest SU 3.0.7 package and extracted to the appropriate folder and it doesn't work; but when I delete the "su" bin file it worked out fine.
I returned to 2.3.7 BLENDED though, 4.0.3 is too slow in portrait mode...

is the nitdroid project for N900 still under development for call support?

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ javanese
anybody can help me to install nitdroid ?
I've problem, I've successfully install nitdroid but I cant boot to nitdroid and must flash my N900..

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
is the nitdroid project for N900 still under development for call support?
At the moment e-yes is working to port Nitdroid on N9 too, so we have to wait for now..but in the meantime, and in my freetime because I'll finish my studies in the end of April, I'm studying HW & SW documents to help the project

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to blackjack4it For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,238 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by Evildemon View Post
Thanks for your reply.
About the keyboard i was talking about physical keyboard though... The letters are all ok but the "shift" commands are all messed up and i wanted to know if there is any way to change those...
One more thing i can send files through bluetooth but cant receive... is that a known bug too ?
dont know about the keyboard thing then. but bluetooth is working fine for me. if you can receive files or the device is not searching your N900 then tick discoverable option in bluetooth options in settings. your device will be discoverable for 2 mins.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by blackjack4it View Post
At the moment e-yes is working to port Nitdroid on N9 too, so we have to wait for now..but in the meantime, and in my freetime because I'll finish my studies in the end of April, I'm studying HW & SW documents to help the project
I would like to see any improvement in actual Nitdroid, even if very minor, that would be better to wait so long between releases.

In my opinion, rather than phone calls, GPS or other big stuff, the focus should be on improving performance and stability of Nitdroid 2.3.7 so it can become the stable release with improved accelerometer support over 2.3.4 and camera working.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid