Active Topics

Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
Hi I've installed auto disconnect but even though it shows in application manager available to uninstall its not showing within my menu.
Autodisconnect is not shown in the menu anymore, it is now shown under "settings"

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by kavekave View Post
can anyone tell me how to hard reset this damn phone?
Search button is your friend. Hard reset is accomplished by pulling the battery after shutting it down.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Originally Posted by deter3 View Post
I later found out to add " fremantle" into the blank of " distribution" will fix the problem .
Please check whether there is another entry for the extra repository present. For some reason I had two: one with distribution "fremantle-1.2" (which is the right to use with 1.2, not "fremantle" only) and one without the distribution. The one without will basically be ignored by the app manager.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by seiichiro0185 View Post
Hi does anyone experience laggy/choppy video playback with pr1.2? I have a bunch of videos encoded especially for the N900. In PR1.1.1 they worked nice and smooth, but with PR1.2 it gets choppy every once in a while (especially with high-motion scenes). I'm pretty sure the same scenes/videos played just fine with the old firmware.
I have videos encoded over the max specs of N900 that only play off the internal memory to get that extra shine and under 1.2 they play like butter in the sun. Silk.

Also, media player feels generally faster, especially listing 80 videos and the 150 songs I have (70 of the vids are insane quality).

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
Update conversations widget from devel. If an app doesn't work with pr 1.2, you don't need to reflash. It is a problem with the app itself.
It works after an update from extra dev, cool

What is the hildon desktop bug?
Widget Customization : once the "Done" button is clicked it remains highlighted but nothing happens...

I don't the back up app backed stuff up unto an SD card. I might be wrong
I didn't understand, something's missing in your sentence :-D

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Since PR1.2 my wifi connection stability has been terrible... Constantly disconnecting, and switching away from wifi entirely to using 3G for long periods despite everyone around me using laptops on the same wifi without having any issues.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by HangLoose View Post

ps. If you dont work with software than I recommend you buying an iPhone. I heard that those things never saw a bug in the face of earth.
youre kidding right?

i see iphoneies come in for repair ALL THE TIME because of different bugs or various issues.

now, back on subject.

Originally Posted by garyc2010 View Post
Great News !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I can finally sync my calendar and contacts OTA !!!!

yeeehaaaa !!!!!!!!!

Wait did you just say IMAP ?????????????? (sighs)
I know... sad but that's the default configuration when you create a new email account with gmail using the email setup wizzard. I use MfE for corporate mail and that works much better with calendar and email sync.

You know an alternate setup using gmail account?

Last edited by Bernard Wei; 2010-05-28 at 18:03.

Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
Since PR1.2 my wifi connection stability has been terrible... Constantly disconnecting, and switching away from wifi entirely to using 3G for long periods despite everyone around me using laptops on the same wifi without having any issues.
Contrary to your experience, I find the wifi setup is much more reliable with PR1.2. I use both WPA preshared key and enterprise EAP, both with maximum power saving and 100mW. Check the advance setting in the connection settings to see if you had reduced the power level to 10mW, that may be the cause of your problem.

Originally Posted by kavekave View Post
can anyone tell me how to hard reset this damn phone?
Hold down the power button for over 8 sec will do a hard power down. You can then power the phone as usual.