Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by shazosbourne View Post
Has anyone from Australia found anything for the Foxtel Cable IQ2 box?
I have found an IQ2 config file at the hifi_remotes site, I'll put it on my list! (And yeah, I don't think any of Pierogi's current keysets would be a match...)

Originally Posted by akashvani View Post
a) Magnavox MPD820 Portable DVD Player. Tried the existing keyset in DVD and doesn't work.

b) DV552 LG DVD Player.
The news is not good on this front -- I'm not finding config files specific to these devices. I will keep adding keysets to Magnavox and LG over time, but I'm not sure how long it will take to find something compatible...

c) WII Gaming console.
I don't think the WII even uses infrared. But there are bluetooth applications for the N900 that might work.

Sorry! I'm not being much help here, am I...

Originally Posted by rickyt900 View Post
Just wondering if it was possible to add key set for Australian Sanyo TV, remote model RC-J17- OA.
I'm afraid I've already entered all the Sanyo TV config files I've been able to find; if the current keysets aren't working, it'll probably be a while before I can find any more...

Originally Posted by droll View Post
thanks to pierogi, my player is now partially functional again (there are a few more advance settings like equalizer that doesn't yet have a corresponding entry in pierogi).
I am trying to come up with a more usable UI for audio-related controls (including equalizer support). But that's still going to take a while...

Originally Posted by sxa View Post
Unfortunately none of the Pioneer keysets appear to work with my devices though (tested with 1.0) so if there are any others you can add that would be good.
Yeah, Pioneer can be a pain; they're less conservative about assigning new IR codes to new devices than other manufacturers, so it is harder to create compatible keysets...

I also noticed that if I select Pioneer->TV it doesn't show the "Pioneer TV keyset 1" which shows up on "Pioneer->all" - is that a bug?
Really, it is a poorly designed feature. I was trying to create a quick way to leverage the list of "known compatible devices" in Pierogi, but since you can't actually see the names of the devices, you can't tell exactly what the filter is trying to do. I'm going to split the list out into its own window asap, and stop all this confusion.

KRP-500A (TV) - IR compatible with the 5090 AFAIK
VSX-D912 amp
DV-696 DVD player
Well, I'm not finding config files for any of these guys. (I think I have a promising amp config file that might be compatible, though.) I'll see what I can do to come up with more...

I dont know if it was asked already but i would love to see keyset for
SONY Compact Disc Player CDP-XE370.

In qtirreco it was RM-DX740 remote.

Thank you.
Love your app

Originally Posted by marpsoft View Post
SONY Compact Disc Player CDP-XE370.
Ah, got another request in earlier for a Sony CD. Sony was one of the first makes that I entered into Pierogi, and I guess I skipped most of the audio device config files, since I was concentrating on video devices then. The Sony CD keysets will arrive in the next update. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
I like the program very much and even more than DreamRemote, so I want to used it with my DreamBox 7025. Is there a way to configure the keys so that I can use that?

Originally Posted by zwevert View Post
I like the program very much and even more than DreamRemote, so I want to used it with my DreamBox 7025. Is there a way to configure the keys so that I can use that?
It looks like the LIRC has a couple of DreamBox config files, I'll go ahead and enter them. But for the 7025, you might also try using "Panasonic TV Keyset 1", it looks like they may share some of the same codes...

Edit: Whoops, that config file was for a DreamBox remote being used to control a Panasonic TV, sorry about that. (LIRC files can get really confusing when describing universal remotes...) I'll try to find the actual DreamBox codes.

Last edited by Copernicus; 2012-02-27 at 17:11. Reason: Read config file wrong

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
The news is not good on this front -- I'm not finding config files specific to these devices. I will keep adding keysets to Magnavox and LG over time, but I'm not sure how long it will take to find something compatible...

I don't think the WII even uses infrared. But there are bluetooth applications for the N900 that might work.

Sorry! I'm not being much help here, am I...
Tried 1.0.0 Versio...Results below

a) LG Dvd - Working
b) Western Digital - Working, but few keys are missing like option, search, zoom, subtitle etc., Specific request - When the keyset is western digital media player, is it possible to set seperate keyset for the TV section alone so that it will be easy to adjust the volume without changing the keyset (Is it too much to ask?....No limit for imagination )
c) Magnavox - Nevermind i am not using the portable player much
d)WII - Thanks for the info. Will explore bluetooth options.

Once again appreciate your hard work.

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control