Active Topics

by SSH (WinSCP) or terminal

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by Netweaver View Post
Small question,

I'm right now happily using the power51 kernel, which is including thumb patches as the prep for the CSSU kernel (I think ), with the latest u-boot.

If I enable the cssu-thumb repo I'll get the thumb kernel flashed. Will it integrate with u-boot nicely ? Or do I have to re-install u-boot, create the item file for the Thumb kernel and then the usual update bootmenu.scr update?

I guess anyway the value of u-boot will be reduced as I'll be only allowed to boot Maemo with the thumb kernel? Or is the latest power51 also already fully compatible? Is it tested?

Thanks for the effort so far
Yup, kernel-cssu will replace kernel-power. Don't worry though, simply build u-boot from source (pali's branch of u-boot-shr) in easy-debian, convert a kp51 zImage to uImage (loadaddr 80008000 execaddr 80008000) and use builder.py (found here) to combine them to make Captain Planet combined.bin, which you then flash with
Code:
# softupd --local & flasher -f -k combined.bin --local

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ sjdm,bulacan,philippines
Originally Posted by n900_ View Post
by SSH (WinSCP) or terminal
how? my device still keeps on reboot loops, after enabling rd mode. how can i replace a file thru pc?
by the way, im using windows 7

Last edited by ricardo8; 2012-07-20 at 15:17.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by ricardo8 View Post
how? my device still keeps on reboot loops, after enabling rd mode. how can i replace a file thru pc?
Did you enable RD mode thru Windows? I'm pretty sure flasher-3.5 on Windows doesn't properly set RD flag.

If you've really trashed Maemo, go install Nemo or NITDroid or RescueOS, mount the root and replace the file yourself.

any other option, i still like maemo

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
any other option, i still like maemo
make sure you executed the following
Code:
flasher-3.5.exe --set-rd-flags=no-lifeguard-reset
EDIT:

once you get rid of reboot loop, just go to HAM and update, the latest cssu-thumb will copy the missing library for you

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Last edited by freemangordon; 2012-07-20 at 15:54. Reason: add missing .exe extension

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
make sure you executed the following
Code:
flasher-3.5 --set-rd-flags=no-lifeguard-reset
EDIT:

once you get rid of reboot loop, just go to HAM and update, the latest cssu-thumb will copy the missing library for you
then how can i replace the file?my device is still connected in pc

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
then how can i replace the file?my device is still connected in pc
when the correct flag is set via flasher, just disconnect the device and boot as usual. then go to hildon-application-manager and update, a new maem5 update should appear. it will install the newer version of the library, you won't need to copy anything by hand.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
Which network are you in? I'm also in Poland, Play network here, I don't have CSSU Thumb here ("just" CSSU stable) and I have similar problems lately, but I cannot be sure wether it's related to CSSU at all or some recent changes in Play network (I rarely use MMS messages, last time I was normally using them was long before installing CSSU - 1 year ago or so, and I remember having problems last month when I was expecting few MMS messages - I needed to open app manually, same as you wrote). Anyway, I don't think it's thumb-related, either CSSU in general or something on the network side.
Thanks man. I'm using T-mobile network but now I'm sure it's not related to the new CSSU.

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Confirm.
I have similar problems with fMMs.
Can send, but receiving does not work, Get no notification, have to open and even can not download manually (VF, Germany).

But surely unrelated to CSSU, Thumb, KP as I just booted with stock kernel and the same. So lets move to fMMS thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life