Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
For some odd reason the auto installer isn't working properly on my N900... The auto installer just basically installs power kernel (and u-boot?) and also the NITDroid kernel.. but skips mounting the /and directory and skips downloading the NITDroid files... then the setup finishes and then it attempts to restart the device (which it doesn't) but then after restarting the device it just boots to Maemo..

Delete what u install by pressing nitdroid on X Terminal also check your app manager for extra-devel and extra testing and maemo then open your X Terminal again type nitdroid (y) then wait to choose letter B .

Remember before that u should go search in Google to download 2 files and put them in a folder then copy the folder by renaming it nitdroid to /MyDcos folder on n900. Files :search for gingerbread-Mido.Fayad-2.3.4-N12-May (and) nitdroid -kernel-2.6.28-07_6-rc6_armel and do not press on one of them in your mobile so the script will install them all automatic from your network connection

i am late to the nitdroid party

i am planning to install nitdroid on n900 using the easiest way autoinstaller 0.2.8-8.deb(on MyDocs), all i have to do is to click on the .deb and nitdroid will be installed on my n900 successfully?(my n900 is recently flashed pr1.3 global firmware, have not yet started using xterminal on this fresh flash)

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
do it manually, its easier and faster and 100% work,

Posts: 1,238 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
i am late to the nitdroid party

i am planning to install nitdroid on n900 using the easiest way autoinstaller 0.2.8-8.deb(on MyDocs), all i have to do is to click on the .deb and nitdroid will be installed on my n900 successfully?(my n900 is recently flashed pr1.3 global firmware, have not yet started using xterminal on this fresh flash)
Here you go. first download N12_Umay by clicking HERE and also rc6 kernel by clicking HERE.

put both files in MyDocs (user/home/MyDocs). install nitdroid auto-installer and click install nitdroid in menu and it will start installing it and will download all necessary files. and dont forget to enable extras-devel repo in HAM (App Manager).

auto-installer will do the rest.

Good Luck

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
i think its better to install nitdroid manually..its easy than the autoinstaller..

when is the new update??still waiting for the call feature..

i have install N12_Umay with Rc7_07 kernel..almost all features of android are working..but call not working,lock pattern not working,camera not good quality,and also chainfire3d not working for me...

hope for soon update...

The Following User Says Thank You to ronald122789 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
Here you go. first download N12_Umay by clicking HERE and also rc6 kernel by clicking HERE.

put both files in MyDocs (user/home/MyDocs). install nitdroid auto-installer and click install nitdroid in menu and it will start installing it and will download all necessary files. and dont forget to enable extras-devel repo in HAM (App Manager).

auto-installer will do the rest.

Good Luck
thanks you for the files and guide, i have successfully install nitdroid on my n900 by following your suggestion.

some questions
how do i get apk app installed on nitdroid?
and
how do i connect to my carrier 3g internet?

Last edited by youmeego; 2012-04-02 at 07:15.

Originally Posted by ronald122789 View Post
i think its better to install nitdroid manually..its easy than the autoinstaller..

when is the new update??still waiting for the call feature..

i have install N12_Umay with Rc7_07 kernel..almost all features of android are working..but call not working,lock pattern not working,camera not good quality,and also chainfire3d not working for me...

hope for soon update...
can you link me to the easy-to-understand manual way to install nitdroid?

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Lebanon
Hey all,

I installed android gingerbread on my n900 but it has no on screen keyboard, and i cant find the "@" button at all on the physical keyboard. can anyone give me a hand? Thanks.

Posts: 1,238 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
thanks you for the files and guide, i have successfully install nitdroid on my n900 by following your suggestion.

some questions
how do i get apk app installed on nitdroid?
and
how do i connect to my carrier 3g internet?
you can download apps from android market. it only requires a google account. and also you can download apk files from other websites. to browse contents in you internal storage you need to download a file manager like astro, es file explorer and many others.

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid