Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by scapegoat845 View Post
Anyone interested in buying a i9100 SGSII ? Unlocked, purchased a month ago, doesn't suit me. PM me if interested. Thanks
You're seriously going to sell it?

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
You're seriously going to sell it?
Yup. Been trying hard all day. I have my Ebay listing saved for later, but i wanted to try the forums first.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
i actually got the hack-the-nook-color idea from our very own danramos. hehe
I'm barely here anymore and my name still pops up? I'm impressed. Personally, I'm with earlier suggestion--for the price NOWAWAYS, you're better off getting a real tablet--but I still think the Nook Color makes a surprisingly good tablet even for $200, compared to the knock-off Chinese crap. Still, you would be MUUUUUUCH better off even with the Samsung Android media player thingie (not a phone, just a overly-large-cell-phone or micro-tablet sized device they recently released. I've seen them at the Best Buy and was tempted to replace my mom's Nook Color with one of those for $250... at least that comes with a pretty big screen (although it's not 7-inch tablet) and a camera and sensors and all and only does wifi.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by FranzDages View Post
Well, my N900 finally gave up to ghost, so I made the jump. I was tired of waiting for an N9, so I got a HTC Amaze. Overall, I have to say I like the phone alright. However, getting used to Android is taking a while.
So now that it has been a month, what are your feelings on going to the HTC Amaze from the N900?
I am thinking about getting this for my wife and rooting it so I'm curious what you feel are the ups and downs of the device!

Hey guys I successfully rooted my HTC Flyer, do you guys have I recommendations as to what I should do after I root it? I am experienced with Android just not the hacking side of it.

Anybody heard of F-droid it is Linux like repository for your Android device and it has some very useful utilities, plus you can choose what version of an app you can install. You get a real deal repository not just a dumbed down app store
http://f-droid.org/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
N900 takes a bite out of Ice Cream Sandwich, suffers Android brain freeze (video)
http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/28/n...s-android-bra/

Ahahahah Nokia, you FAIL me so much!

The Following User Says Thank You to H3llb0und For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NokiaToad View Post
So now that it has been a month, what are your feelings on going to the HTC Amaze from the N900?
I am thinking about getting this for my wife and rooting it so I'm curious what you feel are the ups and downs of the device!
Sorry it's taken so long to reply. I've been involved in a family medical crisis for the last couple weeks.The Amaze is no N900, but it has served me well for the last month. I haven't had much a chance to root it, and I know S-Off is still being worked on, but there are a few ROM's out for it. If your wife isn't one of the people who normally frequent Maemo.org, and just needs a solid phone, then I would say the Amaze is a good choice. Solid build, and no real problems here. The only real issue I've had is that when I plug in the charger, the volume sometimes drops down to about half. This is my first Android, so there could easily be a setting somewhere I've missed. Once I figured out what was going on, it's not a big deal. I just make sure that when I plug it in, I make sure the volume is turned up.

The Following User Says Thank You to FranzDages For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by H3llb0und View Post
N900 takes a bite out of Ice Cream Sandwich, suffers Android brain freeze (video)
http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/28/n...s-android-bra/

Ahahahah Nokia, you FAIL me so much!
Exactly how is that a Nokia Fail? Maemo 5, N900 or themselves? Sorta confused here...

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Exactly how is that a Nokia Fail? Maemo 5, N900 or themselves? Sorta confused here...
Dropping Maemo, then MeeGo, then not going with Android and choosing to go with WP7 = BIG TIME FAILURE!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to H3llb0und For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy