Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
That privious post is equal to why Jolla and factory can't come to an agreement and how the relationship evolved over the time from start to now which is the million dollar question.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
That privious post is equal to why Jolla and factory can't come to an agreement and how the relationship evolved over the time from start to now which is the million dollar question.
Agreement part is easy. Just add money.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Agreement part is easy. Just add money.
Expand your views. Jolla have and had money, employees, an OS and time. Why not pay factory instead of others stuff... You can answer: money to all questions. But money don't make decisions. That can't be the reason, but possibly the symptoms.

Expand your views. Jolla have and had money, employees, an OS and time. Why not pay factory instead of others stuff... You can answer: money to all questions. But money don't make decisions. That can't be the reason, but possibly the symptoms.
That's the problem. I don't have to expand my views because the situation is exactly as I have stated it - there was no money for fabricated units at the agreed upon time/duration. A broken contract that netted a factory quite a few hardware devices that should have been paid for, shipped out and into customers hands.

That did not happen. There's really not much more to "expand" into - the time for speculation is over. Jolla offered what they will be doing, it makes sense.

What I cannot make sense of though is why continued speculation in/around how a company does business and yet I do not see alternatives. Discussions? No... they want payment. The factory did their work. Agreements? There was already one in place and it was broken.

Money doesn't make decisions but it sure as hell seals the deal.

The rest past that is just idle banter.

Poeple that state how it is usually dont see the whole picture simple becouse they have decide they are right. Watch out, Gerbick.

Poeple that state how it is usually dont see the whole picture simple becouse they have decide they are right. Watch out, Gerbick.
And you do? Okay... let's start with the basics.

What do you see that I do not? How did the resolution brought forward last week from Jolla differ from what's really happening and what's the real resolution?

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
If the factory had been paid, we'd get the tablets.
Not necessarily. I can think at least four cases why not.
  1. The factory sold those tablets to somebody else that is now selling them on Chinese web shops.
  2. Those tablets might not be fully identical with Jolla tablets as parts wise.
  3. Reflashing those tablets takes work and that means more money from Jolla or loses for the factory.
  4. There is not probably enough tablets to fulfill all Jolla tablet orders. I think this is "the second wave" tablets. Manufacturing more requires hardware and software changes because all parts are not anymore available.

what if Jolla decided to drop the tablet project for other reasons than money?
What if Jolla had money to pay factory but choose to prioritize other things?
What if there was demands from investor to go another way?
What if tablet was Marc's decision and he was the driving force behind it and negotiations/delas with supplier? Personal relationship/connections and trust is a huge deal when making buissniess and decisions?
What if the factory don't like the latest investor and the agenda?

It's easy to think it's just money...

Originally Posted by att View Post
Not necessarily. I can think at least four cases why not.
  1. The factory sold those tablets to somebody else that is now selling them on Chinese web shops.
  2. Those tablets might not be fully identical with Jolla tablets as parts wise.
  3. Reflashing those tablets takes work and that means more money from Jolla or loses for the factory.
  4. There is not probably enough tablets to fulfill all Jolla tablet orders. I think this is "the second wave" tablets. Manufacturing more requires hardware and software changes because all parts are not anymore available.
I think you're overlooking the statement and timing. If Jolla had paid for those tablets when the original contract/order was placed and had not been delayed, those tablets would still have Sailfish on them, the contract fulfilled on-time and then the rest of your list would not have applied because they would have been in the hands of the backers.

Seriously... it's not hard to understand that these devices showing up on Taobao, soon eBay and whatnot is a direct byproduct and circumstance due to Jolla not paying their bill in a timely manner.

People are now looking at what we know to be true. But if Jolla had fulfilled their contract properly (read: pay the bill on time) then these issues with the wrong OS, lack of tablets and whatnot would not have ever happened.

So yes, after a failed contract, which was because of a failure in timely payment, we're seeing Jolla branded tablets, that were manufactured in August/September of 2015 now being sold in December/January of 2015/2016.

what if Jolla decided to drop the tablet project for other reasons than money?
What if Jolla had money to pay factory but choose to prioritize other things?
What if their was demands from investor to go another way?
What if tablet was marks decision and he was the driving force behind it and negotiations/delas with supplier? Personal relationship and true is a huge deal when making buissniess.
Speculation. How about dealing with facts. This isn't a promised bigger picture, this is fan-fiction at best.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund