Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Today was pretty decent until my son phoned me and told that his bicycle had been stolen from the railway station during the day.

Again!
6 months, 4 days... still a serious amount of suckage. So sorry to hear.

Today has been better, all of the suckstivity from yesterday (or so) has ended up being a series of won battles in a well-worn battle of attrition of trying to tamp down change requests as opposed to concentrating on the important details.

Oh well. Nothing was stolen from me other than time.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
That does not sound like the Finland I know. My first impression of Finland was from a radio interview with someone who travelled there decades ago. He was traveling by car with a Finnish friend, carrying a load of supplies including a few spare canisters of petrol. At one point, the friend stopped the car and unloaded two canisters at the side of the road, with the comment, "No point carrying them, we will collect them on the way back". Our guy was rather taken aback. "Won't someone take them?", he asked. Now it was the Finnish friend's turn to be surprised. "Why would anyone take them? It's my petrol."

On the other hand, the only company in the world that swindled me out of €500 and got away with it was a car rental establishment... in Helsinki!
Well, I guess it does depend on where exactly in Finland you are; up in da north where I'm from it is still possible to leave doors unlocked and stuff hanging around.
The south is fairly rotten though, especially petty theft like bicycle-lifting is a real menace.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
6 months, 4 days... still a serious amount of suckage. So sorry to hear.

Today has been better, all of the suckstivity from yesterday (or so) has ended up being a series of won battles in a well-worn battle of attrition of trying to tamp down change requests as opposed to concentrating on the important details.

Oh well. Nothing was stolen from me other than time.
Glad to hear the suckage did not hold. Usually work-related suckaquality does ebb down after a while, unless it is "network fluctuation" (Really odd term used by our outsourced-IM "professionals" to describe a condition that has lasted now for too many weeks to count)

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
"Network Fluctuation"... going to include this into my vernacular.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Let's build a wall around UK.
Not only the UK

Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
ummmm...
the UK is an island (not counting Ireland and the smaller islands of course...since I feel the Irish will be separating any time now...oooh! I forgot the Scots!....oooh! and the Welsh I think want to leave as well....not much of the UK left after all is said and done...)

Sooooo...the need for a wall is for...what exactly?
to keep the Brits in?

Hm

I think along with the wall...
robot flying drones armed with lasers, guided missiles and rail guns might help keep people in...erm...out of Britain ...I mean...

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
An island, you say? How about learning from the ancients, then?

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
ummmm...
the UK is an island (not counting Ireland and the smaller islands of course...since I feel the Irish will be separating any time now...oooh! I forgot the Scots!....oooh! and the Welsh I think want to leave as well....not much of the UK left after all is said and done...)

Sooooo...the need for a wall is for...what exactly?
to keep the Brits in?
Luckily for the English -- who are taking the "United" out of "United Kingdom" -- that wall with Scotland is already built! Hadrian probably even made 'em pay for it!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
What will a wall really achieve?

We need more guards, bigger guns, more moderators, more nuclear warheads. Seems that the solution is more

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-10-08 at 13:18.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Less is more...

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson