damn i lost usb cable. and when i am trying to do it trhough app manager its says connect via usb , and create a back up. how can i do it through my device (wifi connected)

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by mr_jrt View Post
I doubt it has anything to do with the ISP...I'm still waiting for the UK (203) PR 1.3 firmware still using wifi

Why everybody but the UK Nokia...why

http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php will show the firmware once it's available.

I'm Vodafone UK and entered my IMEI number on http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php and can see the PR1.3 update.
I use the Global version as there doesn't seem to be any reason to wait for the UK version?

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Yes, I too use the global version in the UK.

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
anyone know if we now have full ovi maps support with turn-by turn directions?

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
Originally Posted by gallous View Post
Ive not followed this thread and was wandering the difference between the 2 versions.
Really, this isn't that difficult to understand. Compare this to OS updates/service packs etc. for PCs.

One is like a service pack (you need to have an OS installed, it only upgrades what has changed, you don't loose other applications, is smaller to download).

The other is like a new installation from CD or DVD. You don't need an OS, it replaces everything (except possibly user data ... depending on what PC OS we are comparing it to, but you will need to re-install applications that don't come with the OS), but is a much larger download.

Maybe 1.3 will fix the 1.2 problem that I had . My Fm-transmitter disappears when I either update to 1.2 from 1.1 OR flash to 1.2 directly. No FM-transmitter for me
On 1.1 it works without problem.

how can i update the device withoout cable. ?? i cant through the device because it promts a message connect n900 to the pc via usb cable. when ipdated to pr.1.2 i just pressed and it happened instantly

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Originally Posted by rii View Post
Tried updating in US, got conflict mesg: Conflict with application packages: libqt4-test 4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5 . It ask to install using PC Suit.

Any one faced this error ? Is it ok to un-install libqt4-test using root access with command - apt-get uninstall <pkg> ?

Thanks.
I did that to be able to perform a OTA update and it worked perfectly. I also had to uninstall another lib (I can nor remember) needed by CoudGPS.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by mr_jrt View Post
I doubt it has anything to do with the ISP...I'm still waiting for the UK (203) PR 1.3 firmware still using wifi

Why everybody but the UK Nokia...why

http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php will show the firmware once it's available.

It shows pr 1.3 there for me. But when I try to update OTA or with the Nokia Updater or Ovi Suite it tells me there's no update . . . :s

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
anyone know if we now have full ovi maps support with turn-by turn directions?