Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
could you post the .ts file for the up comming version so I can update the german translation as well ?
Version 0.4.1 should be in extras-devel now. The .ts file is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip i18n.zip (16.8 KB, 87 views)

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Thanks.

updated german files attached.

- Sharing on Facebook works great. And the video is now embedded. Great!
The cuteTube icon besides the facebook post, looks mushy.

I wonder if it's possible to add "N900 - cuteTube"

- the translation still doesn't work. even when I choose german in the options menu and do a qmltube restart.
Attached Files
File Type: zip i18n-de.zip (11.5 KB, 84 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NightShift79 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Version 0.4.1 should be in extras-devel now. The .ts file is attached.
Noted a problem earlier today:
My archived files dont show up anymore!?
Was hoping the new version would solve the issue, but the archive is still empty after upgrade...
But the files are still present in .cutetube folder.
Any hints how I can solve this?

Oh and german translation is also not working for me!?

Uninstall and reinstall did also not help....

Last edited by Reflektorfalke; 2011-04-19 at 21:49.

Thanks.

updated german files attached.

- Sharing on Facebook works great. And the video is now embedded. Great!
The cuteTube icon besides the facebook post, looks mushy.

I wonder if it's possible to add "N900 - cuteTube"

- the translation still doesn't work. even when I choose german in the options menu and do a qmltube restart.
The icon has some shadowing, which looks bad after the image is compressed by the facebook server. I'll upload a new icon without shadowing. I'll also see if I can add N900 to the tag line.

When debugging, I found that the translation file was being loaded (the QTranslator::load() method returned true). However, I did not get the German text, even when setting my device's language to German. I also got this problem when loading the translation file directly in the main.cpp file, using the same method you did.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
Noted a problem earlier today:
My archived files dont show up anymore!?
Was hoping the new version would solve the issue, but the archive is still empty after upgrade...
But the files are still present in .cutetube folder.
Any hints how I can solve this?

Oh and german translation is also not working for me!?

Uninstall and reinstall did also not help....
Have you ever deleted the database? Doing so will empty the archive. Unfortunately, I didn't think about providing a backup. I haven't changed any code relating to the archive database table over the last few releases. If you haven't deleted the database, you could try checking the download location directory in the settings.

On the facebook side, I have changed the icon, and have also changed the application name to 'cuteTube on the Nokia N900'. This was the only way that I could add any further text. However, I am also planning on releasing this on Symbian ^3 devices soon, so I will need to change it back at that point.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
I can't reproduce the Archive issue. Working as aspected, on my side.

just recompiled the 0.4.1 with the main.cpp changes I posted earlier, and qmltube is german again. but now the language option in settings menu has no effect.

anyway... just leave it for now. ^^
Use all your mighty KungFu and create a player inside qmltube.

//EDIT:
Icon still looks not lucky

...but text does

Last edited by NightShift79; 2011-04-19 at 22:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to NightShift79 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Dublin, Ireland
hey marxian, first i would like to thank you for this wonderful application, it is amazing, and even though i know nothing about making application i bet it is very hard work, so thank you very much. i would just like to ask, would it be possible to play the videos without using media player? on the older cutetube it was that way, and i really like that because i could lock the screen and still have the video playing. i dont know if it can be done on this application but i thought ill ask it anyways

The Following User Says Thank You to csaba93 For This Useful Post:
I can't reproduce the Archive issue. Working as aspected, on my side.

just recompiled the 0.4.1 with the main.cpp changes I posted earlier, and qmltube is german again. but now the language option in settings menu has no effect.

anyway... just leave it for now. ^^
Use all your mighty KungFu and create a player inside qmltube.

//EDIT:
Icon still looks not lucky

...but text does
I may just keep it simple for now, and use the locale to decide on translation.

Thomas Perl has posted a video on YouTube, showing the QML video component working on the N900: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV7YemtZCYc . I will try it soon, but I'm sure I can see some frame-dropping in that video. Have a look for yourself.

The facebook icon has not yet been updated on the server. That's the old one.

Originally Posted by csaba93 View Post
hey marxian, first i would like to thank you for this wonderful application, it is amazing, and even though i know nothing about making application i bet it is very hard work, so thank you very much. i would just like to ask, would it be possible to play the videos without using media player? on the older cutetube it was that way, and i really like that because i could lock the screen and still have the video playing. i dont know if it can be done on this application but i thought ill ask it anyways
See my comment above. I will try it, and see how it performs. If you install KMPlayer, you should be able to have video playing while the screen is locked (I think).

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-04-19 at 22:44.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ United Kingdom
Hello Marxian, in post #437 you stated,

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
It isn't related to the CSSU. It happened to me during testing, but copying the xtube files into my cuteTube directory solved it. There will be updates to both packages soon, so that will fix any problems
if the cuteTube directory is;
/opt/usr/bin/qmltube

What is the xtube directoty to copy files from?

I now have cuteTube-QML (0.4.1) and xtube(0.1.4-1) but xtube plugin does not work at all. Not even a list of results is produced following searches.

Facebook integration looks great. Hope you can get that qml video player also. Thanks for your support!

I flashed my phone for a clean start the other day n installed qml 0.4.2 but my last search still ain't saving? I prefer relavance but everytime i start a new search it goes back to date again?

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube